Often times when you are relocating, someone (a family member, friend or co-worker) will advise you to stay within a certain zip code. Narrowing a home search to a single or few zip codes is one way to filter undesired areas and focus on homes that are in sought-after areas or ones that are zoned to preferred school districts. Today, I hope to explore all that the 77380 has to offer!
Two other amazing resources are this blog and our YouTube Channel. The easiest way to navigate the blog is by using the search bar near the top right, or by using the categories. This page nicely organizes the most popular categories. Our goal at Jo & Co., isn’t to just be your REALTOR®, but your resource. Now to the meat and potatoes…
WHY PEOPLE LOVE THE 77380 ZIP CODE
The 77380 zip code is the first of The Woodlands and includes all of the south east portion. Due to its location at the “front” of The Woodlands it has easy access to 1-45 making it great for people who must commute to downtown Houston for work. It is also extremely close in proximity to the Exxon Mobile- Energy Center Houston Campus. Its front-end location also makes it convenient for access to all of the major attractions located inside The Woodlands including Woodlands Mall, Market Street and The Waterway.
Neighborhoods located within 77380:
The Village of Grogan’s Mill of The Woodlands TX
The 77380 zip code is primarily populated by the Village of Grogan’s Mill in The Woodlands. It is the first village built in The Woodlands and with its location just off on 1-45 at the “front” of The Woodlands, it has super quick access to the Town Center amenities, and is near 2 different golf course & The Woodlands Resort. The community offers everything from townhomes to luxury estate like home, with price ranges that cater to many different budgets. Grogan’s Mill is surrounded by mature trees & nature parks, scenic community lakes & ponds, and has its own village center for convenient shopping & dining.
There’s about 15 different parks within Grogans Mill that have children’s playgrounds, pools, picnic areas, grilling areas, ponds & other water features, sports fields, and miles of nature trails. Residents of Grogans Mill has access to all of the amenities of The Woodlands, as well as the multiple state-of-the-art golf courses.
Homes for Sale in Grogan’s Mill | Link.
East Shore in The Woodlands TX
The 77380 zip code also houses some of East Shore! This is a beautiful 26 acre village located on Lake Woodlands with stunning views and picturesque landscapes. There’s a variety of home styles like Greek revival, Charleston, Southern Spanish Colonial, French Eclectic, Southern Anglo-Colonial, Southern French Colonial & Southern Coastal Vernacular. The main attraction here is the location, residents love the immediate access to all of the amenities within Town center. Residents can also enjoy access to the East Shore Club which has entertainment space, a pool and fitness center. It also hosts interactive year-round events.
Homes for Sale in East Shore | Link.
NEARBY FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT:
Featured Restaurants in 77380:
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant:
- Located in the heart of Market Street
- Serves eclectic island-inspired dishes featuring fresh seafood and juicy steaks
- Signature cocktail menu
- Hearsay on The Waterway:
- Unique American cuisine with chic interior and fine cocktails
- Indoor and patio seating
- Fielding’s Wood Grill:
- Casual dining restaurant serving up fresh and local cuisine including burgers, sandwiches and milkshakes
- Serves an ever-changing signature and seasonal cocktail menu
- Tru Food:
- Unique restaurant offering healthy alternative to many comfort dishes
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Uni Sushi:
- Not your typical sushi spot. They are a sophisticated Asian/ European fusion restaurant.
- Serves not only sushi but other menu items such as their famous Chilean Sea Bass.
Entertainment in 77380:
Cinemark 17 and XD | LINK
Classic movie theater chain with a concession area where you can get popcorn, candy, hotdogs, and other quick bites. In the lobby they have a cafe area with seating where you can get a variety of great food & drinks, as well as an arcade with lots of fun games.
Star Cinema Grill | LINK
A fabulous dine-in movie theater with an extensive menu & full service bar, it truly elevates your movie experience. They have servers that take your order discretely, so you can enjoy a delicious meal & cocktails while watching your movie. They offer the classics like popcorn & candy as well. The seats are large & super comfy, with convenient tables for dining.
AMC Metropark Square 10 | LINK
Brand new movie theater that has a sleek & modern look. They have comfortable reclining seats, a concessions area for snacks and other yummy food choices, and a nice bar that has a lounge area so you can enjoy a drink before your movie begins. In front of the theater is a green space strung with lights, so the kids can run around before or after the movie!
The Woodland’s Children’s Museum | LINK
The Woodlands Children’s Museum offers fun and interactive opportunities for children that inspire wonder and discovery. The museum is open-weekly for regular play but also regularly hosts themed events and parties.
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | LINK
A concert amphitheatre located in The Woodlands that offers both performing arts and contemporary artists. The venue hosts concerts in the warmer months and is the place to be on a summer night. Be sure to check their lineup calendar and plan for a fun nigh out in the spring, summer and early fall months.
Riva Row Boat House | LINK
Riva Row Boat House is a public boat rental location in The Woodlands. You can rent single and tandem kayaks, single and tandem pedal kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, elliptical stand-up paddle boards, water bikes and swan boats all to be used on The Woodlands Waterway.
The Woodlands Mall | LINK
Shop your heart out at The Woodlands Mall which houses over 160 shops and restaurants under one roof. The primary department stores within the mall include a Nordstrom, Dillard’s, JCPenny and Macy’s. There are also numerous clothing specialty shops including GAP, Free People, Dicks Sporting Goods, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters and many more! The mall offers several health and wellness stores such as GNC, Bath& Body Works and Sephora. The mall is also home to an Apple, AT&T, Xfinity and T-Mobile store.
This water front park has some of the coolest playground equipment that’ll even have you wanting to jump on. There’s always tons of ducks to feed, nature trails, picnic & barbecue areas, and large fields for running around, kite flying, sports and more. They have frequent events here as well like concerts, markets, and festivals!
Tamarac Park of The Woodlands
This 10.5 acre park has a bunch of trails, a dog park, skate park, playground equipment, lighted tennis & basketball courts, a volleyball court, and lots of picnic areas with barbecue pits. They even have 2 ponds for fishing!
Central Park at Market Street
In the middle of the shops and restaurants of Market Street there is a large open turf park. It has room to run and a splash pad for the kiddos. The park also hosts year round events including things like visits with pictures with Santa, the Spring Concert Series and Sizzlin’ Spring Break. Check out their calendar for upcoming events!
- There are many medical care centers located within the 77380 zip code including The Woodlands Institute of Health & Wellness, The Woodlands Memorial Hermann Medical Center, St. Johns Medical Center, Pinecroft Medical Plaza, The Woodlands Primary Care and Arbor Health Center.
- There are several CVS and Walgreens locations within the 77380 zip code. Picking up or dropping off a prescription will take you no time at all regardless of where you live within the area.
- There are two HEB grocery stores located in the 77380 zip code. One is outside of The Woodlands, in greater spring on Sawdust and the other is in the central Market Street area on six pines road.
- There is also a Whole Foods Market located in Hughes Landing.
- The Target in 77380 also sell groceries for your shopping convenience.
- For more information about grocery shopping in The Woodlands check out this blog post.
- Veterinary Medical Center of The Woodlands
- Grogan’s Mill Pet Clinic
- Just Cats Veterinary Services
District Rating in Conroe ISD
A+. Conroe ISD has mostly A rated schools & are a big reason why people choose to live in areas that are served by this district. They have overall A’s for academics, college prep, clubs & activities, sports, administration, and teachers.
Elementary Schools in 77380 with Ratings:
- Lamar Elementary B-rated
- Hailey Elementary B-rated
Middle Schools in 77380 with Ratings:
- Knox Junior High A-rated
- Wilkerson Intermediate B-rated
High Schools in 77380 with Ratings:
- College Park High School A- rated
77380 Private Schools:
- First Kids Academy (pre-k through K)
- The Children’s Courtyard (pre-k through K)
- The Woodlands Montessori (pre-k through K)
- Greystone House Montessori (pre-k through K)
- Children of the The Woodlands School (pre-k)
- The Woodlands Methodist School (K-5th)
- Fusion Academy The Woodlands (6-12th)
- Esprit International School (K-12th)
As in the rest of The Woodlands, homes within the 77380 zip code have comparatively low taxes. In Grogan’s Mill, which encapsulates much of the zip code, the tax rate is 2.13%. This property tax rate is low considering the location, convenience and wide range in variety of homes offered in the village.
Other blog posts to explore:
- Grocery Stores in The Woodlands | Link
- Best Shopping in The Woodlands | Link
- Movie Theaters in The Woodlands | Link
- Family Owned Restaurants in The Woodlands | Link
- Best Coffee Shops in The Woodlands | Link
- Urgent and Emergency Care Facilities in The Woodlands | Link
- Best Spas in The Woodlands | Link
- The Woodlands TX Golf Courses | Link
- The Woodlands TX Waterway Restaurants | Link
- Hotels in The Woodlands | Link
- Best Mexican Restaurants in The Woodlands | Link
- Why You Should Call The Woodlands Home | Link
I hope that you found this deep dive into all 77380 has to offer helpful! If you loved what you read and are considering a move here, please contact me. If you are from or familiar with the 77380 zip code and feel that there’s something I missed, I would love to hear from you as well (:
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y’all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.