I put a lot of thought into today's post. I really wanted to bring you some value. We all know a brand new kitchen and a brand new bathroom, which has been tastefully remodeled will sell a home any day, but what else can you do to make your home sell before your neighbors? So today I bring you a list of 13 tips to help sell your home in 2020…
13 Tips to Help Sell Your Home in 2020
- Make your home a smart home by installing smart light switches, and smart wall outlets. (Keep in mind, many buyers will be comparing your home to a new build, so offering them new build features, that won't cost you an arm and a leg, can help make the deal happen!)
- Turn your master shower into an oasis by installing two showering heads.
- Pressure wash the exterior of your home, as well as, remove all debris off your roof and your gutters.
- Add a fresh paint color to your front door or apply a new layer of stain.
- Give your home a deep clean by a professional, and make sure they don't forget the baseboards.
- When it comes to price, list your home right below the comp value, or right below the most comparable active home in your area, creating FOMO (fear of missing out).
- Make sure the pets are scarce for all showings.
- Always say yes to every showing appointment, meaning your home must always be show ready.
- Counter all offers that come in, and don't take anything personal is real estate.
- Make sure your real estate agent uses a talented professional photographer. Take a look at their listings or past listings if you aren't sure.
- Always open the blinds before a showing, and turn on all of the lights.
- Remove any bedroom carpet that doesn't look new. And for any carpet not in a bedroom, just go ahead and replace it with tile or wood. Please consult your real estate agent or a honest professional before buying the new flooring.
- Make sure your landscaping is fresh and in tune with the current season.
So I hope I was able to go above and beyond with this blog post, and give you some real suggestions that will help your home sell.