Hi friends! We have come near the end of the road for our Katy series, with this post being our second to last. If you haven’t read the others, you can find those here:
For today’s post, I thought we would do something a bit light hearted and fun..
10 Things I Love and 10 Things I Hate About Katy
- All the parks and ponds.
- All the master planned communities.
- The sidewalks and walking trails.
- La Centera with its green spaces, events, restaurants, and shopping.
- That at the heart of Katy, you will find Trader Joe’s, Target, and Whole Foods.
- That there is still lots of growth happening.
- The school district and all its awards.
- How close everything is to one another (commercial, business, and residential).
- The quality and quantity of public libraries.
- Historic downtown.
- That Highway 99 (Grand Parkway 99) runs through the middle of it.
- The traffic and rush hour congestion.
- The high tax rates.
- That it is an hour from Downtown Houston during rush hour.
- There is a lack of diversity at the A-rated schools.
- That it is near impossible to be in the top 10% of the A-rated high schools without taking all upper level, and k-level classes.
- Density of people.
- The mass amount of “cookie-cutter” homes.
- The lack of trees in the newer neighborhoods.
- The crowdedness in the popular restaurants.
I hope you found this post beneficial. If you are thinking “what is next?”, I recommend checkout this post: Moving to Katy, Texas – 10 Things You Should Know About Living in Katy, TX. And know I look forward to hearing your story, and meeting you.
When you are ready or if you have any questions, we ask you to please free to reach out to us! My cell phone number is 832-493-6685, and I love texts and phone calls (I keep my phone on silent when I sleep, so please do not hesitate to reach out.).
The Home Search App link above, is a great way to work together. You first download HAR.com, and then click the link to connect us.
Check out our most popular blog posts:
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know :: http://byjoandco.com/fthb-blogpost
- The Seven People I Recommend to Every Client :: http://byjoandco.com/7people
- Moving to Katy, Texas – 10 Things You Should Know About Living in Katy, TX :: http://byjoandco.com/katytexas
- Most Popular Neighborhoods in Katy :: http://byjoandco.com/popularkaty
- The Most Desirable Neighborhoods to Live In in Spring and Klein ISD :: http://byjoandco.com/bestklein
- 15 Local Things to Do at Night with Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/atnight
- Where to Stay When House Hunting or Moving to The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/whereto
- The Best Neighborhoods to Live in to Let Kids Be Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/kidsbekids
- Download our e-book, Moving to The Woodlands, http://byjoandco.com/downloadthewoodlandsebook
- Most Popular New Construction in Conroe :: http://byjoandco.com/conroenew
Jo & Co. Ebooks Available for Download:
- This ebook is for first time home buyers. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook1
- This ebook is for anyone moving to The Woodlands. It is updated for 2020 and shares everything you need to know. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook2
- This ebook is “The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids”, which is essentially a list of the most popular and favorite neighborhoods. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook3
- This ebook geographically compares Spring vs. The Woodlands. The video on this one is more informative. I really recommend watching the video. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook4
- This ebook is a silly one that is more self promotion. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook5
- This ebook is “Moving to The Woodlands”, my original ebook. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook6
- All ebooks have corresponding videos that elaborate on the topic, and you can find those here on the YouTube channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Favorite YouTube Videos:
- Moving to The Woodlands – Everything You Need to Know. | YouTube Link
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know | YouTube Link
- The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids | YouTube Link
- Buying in Texas? Calculate Your Monthly Mortgage | YouTube Link
- The Difference Between Spring, TX and The Woodlands | YouTube Link
- Most Desirable Neighborhoods To Live In, In Klein ISD | YouTube Link
- Playlist of “Ninety Second Real Estate Q&A” | YouTube Link