Hi friends! We are continuing with our Katy posts, with the top 20 most popular neighborhoods in the Katy, Texas Area. I think these lists can serve as a really good resource, but they can also be overwhelming. I know one might think, how do I decide where we live, and usually there are a couple questions you can ask yourself to narrow down possible communities for y'all to call home. So before I dive in to the top 20 list, I want to share with you 7 things you should think about before you purchase or even consider a home.
- Tax Rate – If you are new to Texas or a first time home buyer, you might not have considered taxes yet. So as home owner, you must pay property taxes. If you are financing these are escrowed (the lender puts them into a bank account for you, and then pays the taxes for you when the bills come out) through out the year and a part of your monthly mortgage payment. Each property you are considering as a tax rate. A simple math calculation (tax appraised value multiplied by the tax rate) will show you how much you will be paying each year. So the higher the tax rate, the higher the cost. What makes a tax rate differ? It can be the school district, government entities in your area that require tax dollars, and a utility district (a MUD or PUD). The MUD is typically the one thing that drives up or brings down a tax rate. So what this really means is, the higher the tax rate, the less of a home you can afford.
- HOA and Amenities – If you are wanting to live in a neighborhood that has a public swimming pool, this is something you would want to include in your search requirements. You also need to make sure to budget for the HOA fees for the particular neighborhood you are considering.
- School District – There are a few school districts in this Katy area. More importantly, you might want to research the particular school zoned to a particular home, before buying.
- Old vs New – One way to narrow down which neighborhood is for you, is the thought “Do I want a new home with less maintenance, or do I want an older home with more character in a more established neighborhood?”
- Monthly Payment – How much do you want to pay in total? This will include home owners insurance, PMI (private mortgage insurance – this is an extra insurance policy required to protect the bank in the instance of you putting less than 20% down), principal & interest, and taxes.
- Home Specifics – Each neighborhood and builder has something different to offer at different price. Size of home, bedroom amount, and 2 story vs 1 story will help you figure out what is realistic within your budget.
- Private Pool – Do you want a swimming pool in your backyard? If so, I almost always recommend buying a home with a pool, unless you are buying new. You just have to figure out which neighborhoods allow this to be possible within your budget.
Once you consider and answer these seven questions, your list of neighborhoods might be downsized by quite a bit. If you need any help answering these questions, please reach out. Helping people find the perfect neighborhood for them, is one of my favorite things to do, and truly allows them to find the perfect home for them!
So without further ado..
The 20 Most Popular Neighborhoods in the Katy, Texas Area
- Cinco Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Aliana | Homes for Sale
- Cross Creek Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Harvest Green | Homes for Sale
- Cane Island | Homes for Sale
- Firethorne | Homes for Sale
- Creekside Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Elyson | Homes for Sale
- Lakes of Bella Terra | Homes for Sale
- Tamarron | Homes for Sale
- Jordan Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Young Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Fieldstone | Homes for Sale
- Long Meadow Farms | Homes for Sale
- Grand Lakes | Homes for Sale
- McCrary Meadows | Homes for Sale
- Seven Meadows | Homes for Sale
- Grand Mission & Grand Mission Estates | Homes for Sale
- Ventana Lakes | Homes for Sale
- Nottingham Country | Homes for Sale
I hope you found this post beneficial!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.