Hi friends! We are continuing with our Katy posts, with the top 20 most popular neighborhoods in the Katy, Texas Area. I think these lists can serve as a really good resource, but they can also be overwhelming. I know one might think, how do I decide where we live, and usually there are a couple questions you can ask yourself to narrow down possible communities for y’all to call home. So before I dive in to the top 20 list, I want to share with you 7 things you should think about before you purchase or even consider a home.
- Tax Rate – If you are new to Texas or a first time home buyer, you might not have considered taxes yet. So as home owner, you must pay property taxes. If you are financing these are escrowed (the lender puts them into a bank account for you, and then pays the taxes for you when the bills come out) through out the year and a part of your monthly mortgage payment. Each property you are considering as a tax rate. A simple math calculation (tax appraised value multiplied by the tax rate) will show you how much you will be paying each year. So the higher the tax rate, the higher the cost. What makes a tax rate differ? It can be the school district, government entities in your area that require tax dollars, and a utility district (a MUD or PUD). The MUD is typically the one thing that drives up or brings down a tax rate. So what this really means is, the higher the tax rate, the less of a home you can afford.
- HOA and Amenities – If you are wanting to live in a neighborhood that has a public swimming pool, this is something you would want to include in your search requirements. You also need to make sure to budget for the HOA fees for the particular neighborhood you are considering.
- School District – There are a few school districts in this Katy area. More importantly, you might want to research the particular school zoned to a particular home, before buying.
- Old vs New – One way to narrow down which neighborhood is for you, is the thought “Do I want a new home with less maintenance, or do I want an older home with more character in a more established neighborhood?”
- Monthly Payment – How much do you want to pay in total? This will include home owners insurance, PMI (private mortgage insurance – this is an extra insurance policy required to protect the bank in the instance of you putting less than 20% down), principal & interest, and taxes.
- Home Specifics – Each neighborhood and builder has something different to offer at different price. Size of home, bedroom amount, and 2 story vs 1 story will help you figure out what is realistic within your budget.
- Private Pool – Do you want a swimming pool in your backyard? If so, I almost always recommend buying a home with a pool, unless you are buying new. You just have to figure out which neighborhoods allow this to be possible within your budget.
Once you consider and answer these seven questions, your list of neighborhoods might be downsized by quite a bit. If you need any help answering these questions, please reach out. Helping people find the perfect neighborhood for them, is one of my favorite things to do, and truly allows them to find the perfect home for them!
So without further ado..
The 20 Most Popular Neighborhoods in the Katy, Texas Area
- Cinco Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Aliana | Homes for Sale
- Cross Creek Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Harvest Green | Homes for Sale
- Cane Island | Homes for Sale
- Firethorne | Homes for Sale
- Creekside Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Elyson | Homes for Sale
- Lakes of Bella Terra | Homes for Sale
- Tamarron | Homes for Sale
- Jordan Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Young Ranch | Homes for Sale
- Fieldstone | Homes for Sale
- Long Meadow Farms | Homes for Sale
- Grand Lakes | Homes for Sale
- McCrary Meadows | Homes for Sale
- Seven Meadows | Homes for Sale
- Grand Mission & Grand Mission Estates | Homes for Sale
- Ventana Lakes | Homes for Sale
- Nottingham Country | Homes for Sale
I hope you found this post beneficial; I look forward to hearing your story, and meeting you.
When you are ready or if you have any questions, we ask you to please free to reach out to us! My cell phone number is 832-493-6685, and I love texts and phone calls (I keep my phone on silent when I sleep, so please do not hesitate to reach out.).
The Home Search App link above, is a great way to work together. You first download HAR.com, and then click the link to connect us.
Check out our most popular blog posts:
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know :: http://byjoandco.com/fthb-blogpost
- The Seven People I Recommend to Every Client :: http://byjoandco.com/7people
- Moving to Katy, Texas – 10 Things You Should Know About Living in Katy, TX :: http://byjoandco.com/katytexas
- The Most Desirable Neighborhoods to Live In in Spring and Klein ISD :: http://byjoandco.com/bestklein
- 15 Local Things to Do at Night with Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/atnight
- Where to Stay When House Hunting or Moving to The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/whereto
- The Best Neighborhoods to Live in to Let Kids Be Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/kidsbekids
- Download our e-book, Moving to The Woodlands, http://byjoandco.com/downloadthewoodlandsebook
Jo & Co. Ebooks Available for Download:
- This ebook is for first time home buyers. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook1
- This ebook is for anyone moving to The Woodlands. It is updated for 2020 and shares everything you need to know. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook2
- This ebook is “The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids”, which is essentially a list of the most popular and favorite neighborhoods. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook3
- This ebook geographically compares Spring vs. The Woodlands. The video on this one is more informative. I really recommend watching the video. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook4
- This ebook is a silly one that is more self promotion. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook5
- This ebook is “Moving to The Woodlands”, my original ebook. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook6
- All ebooks have corresponding videos that elaborate on the topic, and you can find those here on the YouTube channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Favorite YouTube Videos:
- Moving to The Woodlands – Everything You Need to Know. | YouTube Link
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know | YouTube Link
- The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids | YouTube Link
- Buying in Texas? Calculate Your Monthly Mortgage | YouTube Link
- The Difference Between Spring, TX and The Woodlands | YouTube Link
- Most Desirable Neighborhoods To Live In, In Klein ISD | YouTube Link
- Playlist of “Ninety Second Real Estate Q&A” | YouTube Link