Often times when you are relocating, someone (a family member, friend or co-worker) will advise you to stay within a certain zip code. Narrowing a home search to a single or few zip codes is one way to filter undesired areas and focus on homes that are in sought-after areas or ones that are zoned to preferred school districts. Today, I hope to explore all that the 77070 has to offer!
Two other amazing resources are this blog and our YouTube Channel. The easiest way to navigate the blog is by using the search bar near the top right, or by using the categories. This page nicely organizes the most popular categories. Our goal at Jo & Co., isn't to just be your REALTOR®, but your resource. Now to the meat and potatoes…
WHY PEOPLE LOVE THE 77070 ZIP CODE
If you're looking to be close to the city, but still want to enjoy the peace and tranquility of a small town, zipcode 77070 might be the perfect place for you. Located in Harris county in the city of Houston, Texas. It is easy access to Highway 249 and FM 1960. Also, zipcode 77070 is just 25 minutes away from The woodlands and 26 minutes away from Downtown Houston where the largest shopping districts in Texas are located. And there are plenty of amenities that are very close by including golf courses, restaurants, and retail shops.
Neighborhoods located within 77070:
Lakewood forest in Houston TX
This beautiful community is conveniently located off of Louetta road, Cypresswood drive, Spring Cypress road, & Grant road. Just minutes away from Highway 249. This well established community because it features custom homes, spacious lots, beautiful large trees & lush environment, large home options, award-winning schools, quiet surroundings, and fantastic amenities. Residents here can enjoy a community clubhouse with a fitness center that offers aerobics classes and rooms that can be rented out, an olympic sized swimming pool, tennis courts, trails, playgrounds, and a small lake.
→ Homes for sale in Lakewood Forest in Houston, TX | Link
Hunterwood forest in Houston TX
Hunterwood Forest is a community located in Cypress, Texas, on the western side of Cy-Fair ISD. The community is 2 minutes from Grant Road (FM 2920) offers quick, easy access to all forms of major Houston highways. Hunterwood forest is a place of luxury and serenity. It's the perfect place for a home with its tranquil setting and dense canopy of mature, tall trees. It also has good access to amenities close by. This community hosts an extensive trail network, two stocked fishing lakes, and several hiking trails that wind throughout the property. These trails are great for morning walk!
→ Homes for sale in Hunterwood Forest in Houston, TX | Link
Lakewood crossing in Houston TX
Lakewood Crossing is a beautiful community located in the Houston, Texas. It features amazing amenities such as facility, pool, fitness center, community clubhouse and a large park that includes a tot lot and playscape. The Association also owns and maintains open green space for walking and other outdoor recreational activities plus a 4.2 mile trail for running and biking around Lakewood Crossing that connects with the Heights Outdoor Discovery Center. All you need is a short walk to the grocery store, shopping centers, school and more.
→ Homes for sale in Lakewood Crossing in Houston, TX | Link
Vintage Lakes in Houston TX
Vintage Lakes is a guard-gated community located nearby Louetta Rd and HWY 249. Residents enjoy wide array of amenities such as an outdoor pool, tennis courts, playground and more. Two HEB stores, a Kroger, and an Albertsons are all within a couple minutes' drive of the community as well. The community is also adjacent to Louetta Park and Hollywood Park shopping center, which features LA Fitness and Michaels Craft Store.
→ Homes for sale in Vintage Lakes in Houston, TX | Link
NEARBY FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT:
Featured Restaurants in 77070:
- American Bistro
- Offers a variety of freshly prepared soups, salad, etc.
- One of the first Certified Green Restaurants
Mia Bella Trattoria
- Italian Restaurant
- Offers classic lunch & dinner fare plus popular weekend brunches & happy hours.
- Modern Indian Restaurant
- They offer a variety of traditional Indian dishes.
- Newbie foodie and the seasoned curry connoisseur.
Gauchos Do Sul
- Brazilian restaurant
- Traditionally prepared Brazilian Churrasco meats
- Choose from various cuts of beef, chicken, pork, and more.
- Mexican Restaurant
- Authentic Mexican flavors
- Fresh and locally-sourced ingredients
- Offer A beautifully decorated environment
Entertainment In and Around 77070:
BFE Rock Club – Link
BFE Rock Club is Northwest Houston's Premier Live Music Venue and Sports Bar.They specialize in live Rock n' Roll music and feature the hottest local and national acts every week. BFE is also a renowned Sports Bar, featuring 18 TV's, pool tables, dartboards, and more.If you're a fan of the outdoors, you'll also enjoy our large patio. Also, Smoking is always permitted in BFE.
Escape Now – Link
Escape Games are interactive, real-life group gaming experiences for people of all ages and skill sets. You do not need to have any special knowledge to solve the puzzles and have a good time. Two to ten players are locked in a room and must work together using logic and teamwork to escape in under 60 minutes, so you'll need to move fast!
Bowlero – Link
It’s the bowling/dining/nightlife experience that’s packed with amusing throwbacks and ready to amaze. Bowlero is a blacklight bowling, retro-inspired hangout powered by interactive arcade games, signature cocktails, an outrageous menu of Oversized Shareables, and… nostalgia. Forget everything you thought bowling could be—and experience the kind of epic fun that only happens when you go Bowlero.
The Drunken Dog – Link
The Drunken Dog was established in 2021 in the hopes of providing a dog friendly bar that serves the entire community by offering a wide array of activities.
Champion Forest Park – Link
Champion Forest Park is a 7.3 acre facility featuring a 0.3-mile looped trail, three soccer fields, a restroom, picnic tables, a parking lot, and a playground. The park will eventually connect to Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve and Cy-Champ Park.
Matzke Park – Link
Matzke Park, is a 19.4-acre facility, includes a multiuse trail with water fountains, rest room facilities, one cricket field, an all-inclusive barrier-free playground, two picnic pavilions, one gazebo, and a butterfly and sensory garden.
Cy-Champ Park – Link
Cy-Champ Park is located along Cutten Road with the park’s entrance and parking from Hargrave Road. This long narrow park features a 1.5 mile linear nature trail, with a loop on each end, which is ideal for jogging and casual strolling. The trail includes distance markers and weaves through the woods for welcome shade. For additional family enjoyment, Cy-Champ Park offers a children’s playground at the park’s entrance. Water fountains are available, but no restrooms.
100 Acre Wood Preserve – Link
Precinct 4’s 100 Acre Wood Preserve contains nearly two miles of trails through rolling, forested terrain that connect with the nine-mile Cypress Creek Mountain Bike trail system in northwest Harris County. The preserve currently features a one-mile, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible paved trunk line trail that extends from the existing Cypresswood Hike & Bike Trail at Cypress Creek and Jones Road to the YMCA facility at SH 249.
- There are many medical care centers located within the 77070 zip code and surrounding areas including Cypress Health Center, Medelle Urgent Care, AFC Urgent Care Vintage, Medcare Clinics, NextCare Urgent Care, Z Med Clinic, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Heart Care Center of Northwest Houston, Sharell Marlitz.
- There are several CVS and Walgreens locations within the 77379 zip code. Picking up or dropping off a prescription any time, day or night, from the comfort of home.
- Check out the Aldine Food Store near 77070. They’re located nearby I-45, and I-8 Spring.
- Kroger stores are located throughout the area. They make it easy to take care of your grocery shopping on your weekends, just one trip at a time.
B+. Klein ISD has consistently delivered excellence and innovation. With recognition for STEM, athletics, fine arts, and academics from highly regarded organizations. In 2021, hundreds of Klein ISD students from across the district were awarded Gold and Silver Key Scholastic Writing Awards. This school district has 78 Gold Key Winners from 10 schools and 145 Silver Key Winners from 11 schools.
Elementary Schools in 77070 with Ratings:
- Moore Elementary School A-rated
- Hancock Elementary School B-rated
Middle Schools in 77070 with Ratings:
- Ischool High At University Park A-rated
- Bleyl Middle School B-rated
High Schools in 77070 with Ratings:
- Cypress Creek High School B- rated
- Klein Cain High School B- rated
The tax in 77070 is low. In fact, the cost of living in this area is one of the most affordable and it’s a great place to live if you are on a budget, or if you want to raise a family. If you’re looking to save money, then you should consider living in this beautiful place.
Other blog posts to explore:
- Special Services For Autism in Houston AreaA Schools in Texas | Link
- Find Your Dream home In Houston Suburbs | Link
- Four Downtowns Outside Houston Tx That You Should Check | Link
- Most Popular New Construction Neighborhood In 2021 in Greater Houston TX | Link
- The Best High Schools in The Houston Texas Suburbs | Link
- Top 10 Most Popular Neighborhood i n Greater Houston | Link
- Why is There s Housing Shortage in Texas + Houston Suburbs Market Update | Link
I hope that you found this deep dive into all 77070 has to offer helpful! If you loved what you read and are considering a move here, please contact me. If you are from or familiar with the 77070 zip code and feel that there’s something I missed, I would love to hear from you as well (:
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.