Hi there. Sometimes it's good to get out of your bubble and do something different for a change, so today I wanted to share a list of some great places to venture out to on your next day trip!
- Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures: This is so much more than just a water par. On top of having a variety of fun & colorful slides, a wave pool, and the largest lazy river in the Houston area, they also have a floating challenge course in the middle of the lake, an areal adventure course, ziplines, rock walls, archery, axe throwing, and more. You can even interact with baby alligators and feed tortoises.
- Chappell Hill Lavender Farm: This scenic hillside farm grows aromatic lavender that you can cut & take home during cutting season. They make a variety of amazing lavender concoctions like lavender tea, lavender blueberry ice cream, lavender white chocolate ice cream, lavender cookies, and more. They have a gift shop where you can purchase lavender infused bath & body products, as well as other hand crafted items. There's also miniature goats on the land that are too cute.
- Windy Winery: I know a winery may not sound like a family activity, but I can assure you that you and your kids will have a blast here. The winery & vineyard itself is just gorgeous & full of scenic views, and in the Summer they have blue bonnets blooming throughout the property. The kids will love getting to pic their own grapes & smash them themselves with their feet. Be sure to say hi to Jada & Silver, the vineyard dogs that are always there.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: With a variety of permanent exhibitions & interchanging ones as well, you'll be entertained all day. It's home to the Cockrell Butterfly Center, Dinosaur Hall, the planetarium, and I-Max theatre, Hall of African Wildlife, and a few more interesting exhibits. Make sure to check their website for different events and featured exhibits.
- Lake Livingston State Park: This expansive park & nature preserve on the lake is the perfect place to spend your day, and has much to offer. There's plenty of winding trails to hike, bike & walk, tall observation towers, picnic areas, and designated swimming areas. You can also fish and rent kayaks/canoes/paddleboats or even bring your own boat. They also have a park store drinks, snacks, fishing & camping supplies, and more, as well as camp sites in case you want to stay the night or weekend.
I hope you find this list useful in planning your next outing, and feel free to comment & let us know if there's any other special places you think should make the list!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.