Hi there. Sometimes it's good to get out of your bubble and do something different for a change, so today I wanted to share a list of some great places to venture out to on your next day trip!
- Messina Hof Winery – Bryan: This is the 4th largest winery in Texas & one of the largest producers of 100% Texas wines. You can take a tour of their amazing & scenic vineyard, production spaces, & barrel rooms, and they have an award winning restaurant in their Vintage House with dishes that are paired with their wines. There's also a vintage, estate style bed & breakfast on site that is to die for, so you can easily turn your day trip into a special weekend getaway.
- Henkel Square Market: Round Top's iconic historic square was transformed into a very fun outdoor hub for shopping, dining, & entertainment. The many different shops & restaurants are inside original homes built in the 1800s, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time when you come here. You'll definitely be snapping pics the whole time.
- Bellville: The city of Bellville has so much to offer & is full of history. There's so many tours to do here like Bellville Historic Homes & Structures, Bellville Downtown Square, and their historic Blacksmith Shop. You can also tour Newman's Castle, which is a huge Medieval castle with an actual moat built around it & a 3,000 pound hand-operated drawbridge, it's truly one of a kind.
- Hatari Wildlife Park: This drive-thru safari lets you see all kinds of exotic animals that you wouldn't get to see normally, it's an animal lovers paradise. The many different animal species all have their own specific habitats that meet their needs, there's the dunes, wetlands, small islands, a lowland forest, Sahel range, and more. You'll see animals like lemurs, wildebeests, camels, zebras, and so much more, the list of animals to be seen is endless. There's even an area where you can feed giraffes, a place to pet barnyard animals, and a restaurant to get great food & drinks.
- Fayette Lake: If you're wanting a fun or relaxing day on the water, this 2,000 acre lake is perfect. People go there often for great fishing since they're known for their large mouth bass, and also have lots of tilapia, catfish, & carp. There's multiple parks with picnic areas, and there's places to camp or even stay in a cozy cabin. It also tributes to Colorado River where you can swim, go tubing, kayak, canoe, and more.
I hope you find this list useful in planning your next outing, and feel free to comment & let us know if there's any other special places you think should make the list!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.