Hi friends, We know that all seasons are beautiful, but there is just something about fall that really gets us going. It gives us a chance to reconnect with friends and family through holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Also, during the fall season, there are plenty of fun things to do in Tomball with kids! You can take them to a local farm or visit a farmers' market, go on a hike or play at the park, or attend one of the city's many kid-friendly festivals or events.
So, whether you’re looking for the best place to roast marshmallows, carve pumpkins, or simply enjoy the great outdoors this autumn, we’re here to help with some great fall activities and places you can visit during the season!
Drive through the Fall foliage
- McKinney Falls State Park – 5808 McKinney Falls Pkwy, Austin, TX 78744
Just three hours drive from downtown Tomball, this park is an excellent location for spotting foliage and enjoying a weekend getaway from the city. Also, there are 81 campsite options and activities such as hiking or biking in 9 miles of trails, fishing, swimming, bouldering, and picnicking.
- Daingerfield State Park – 455 Park Rd 17, Daingerfield, TX 75638
A little further north, Daingerfield State Park is a good spot for a weekend jaunt as it is about four hours out of Tomball. Nonetheless, the park is great for camping, and Paddle boating on a lake. Guests can also visit Daingerfield as a spring break trip and enjoy the purple wisteria, honeysuckle, white dogwoods, redbuds and more that bloom in the spring.
Get Lost in Corn Maze
- Tomball Corn Maze – 22601 Lutheran Church Rd, Tomball, TX 77377
Don't get lost finding your way out of this corn maze! This family-friendly, 5-acre corn maze will open from late September–early November.
- P-6 Farms | 9963 Pooles Rd, Montgomery, TX 77356
P-6 is a great place to visit with friends and family during the fall. There are lots of fun activities for everyone, including farm animals, produce fields, pumpkin patches, and much more.
Go Apple Picking
- Efurd Orchard | 4004 Highway 271 South, Pittsburg TX 75686
The Efurd family has been producing high-quality fruits & vegetables since 1972. Their orchard offers apples, peaches, plums, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, blueberries, and strawberries. They have a store where you can get homemade ice cream, jams, and many other goods. There’s a small pond on the land and vintage trucks!
- Atkinson Farms | 3217 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77388, United States
If you're in the mood to pick your own fruits and vegetables, look no further than Atkinson Farms. Here you can find fresh strawberries, fresh locally grown seasonal produce, and more—all right here in Spring, Texas.
Attend a Fall Festival
- Fall Fest 2022 – 11659 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354
Presented by the Greater Magnolia Parkway Chamber of Commerce, join the community on September 24, 2022, from Noon – 4 PM! You will experience over 75 Crafters & Artisans, start shopping for the holidays and take pictures in the pumpkin patch. The entry fee is $1 or bring a can of corn, peas, or sweet potatoes as a donation for entry.
- Fall Frenzy 2022 – 1603 Baker Dr., Tomball, TX 77375
Hosted by Tomaball Methodist Church, the second annual Fall Frenzy is back on October 15, 2022 from 10AM – 2PM! Over 60 vendor booths, a chili cookoff, bounce houses, face painting and more to enjoy with your friends and family.
Visit a Local Pumpkin Patch
- Old Time Christmas Tree Farm – 632 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring, TX 77379
Open on the weekends in October to find the perfect pumpkin!
- Oil Ranch – 23501 Macedonia Rd Hockley, TX 77447
On their 56-acre ranch there are multiple activities to enjoy! Opening on October 1, 2022, you'll be able to enjoy their pumpkin patch along with a hay ride, petting zoo, maze and more!
Go to Live Music
- GroovFest 2022 – Tomball Depot Plaza, 201 South Elm St. Tomball, Texas 77375
Mark your calendar for September 17, 2022 for this oh so groovy, award-winning festival! Step back in time to the days of The Beatle's, Buddy Holly and The Doors. Gates open at 11AM for this free event!
- Tomball Bluegrass Festival – Tomball Depot Plaza, 201 South Elm St. Tomball, Texas 77375
Get your toe's tapping on October 22, 2022 with this free music festival featuring national, regional and local artists. Gates open at 11AM.
Go to a Farmer's Market
- Tomball Farmers Market – 205 W Main St, Tomball, TX 77375
Open every Saturday Year Round from 9AM – 1PM, enjoy locally grown produce and meats, local prepared food and drinks and local handcrafted artisans!
- Theiss Farms Market – 17045 Stuebner Airline Spring, TX 77379
Pick what you need from a large selection of local fresh products. Opened every day during the week starting at 10 AM.
Best Places that Sell Pie
- Hazel Loves Pie – 17527 Huffmeister Rd Suite A, Cypress, TX 77429
Not having a retail location, they are found at The Woodlands Farmers Market and Crescent Moon Coffee Bar & Cafe, these baked goods are handmade from scratch with all-natural ingredients. You can choose between cream pies, traditional pies, fruit pies and jumbo muffins!
- Victory Pie Co. – 32907 Tamina Rd. Magnolia, TX 77354
Made fresh from scratch everyday, you are able to enjoy some of Houston's best pies! They feature a “Pie of the Month” along with their classic pies.. did someone say coconut cream pie!? They also have a selection of gluten-free pies!
Participate in a Halloween Costume Contest
- Netflix and THRILL – 23238 State Highway 249 Tomball, TX 77375
On October 30, 2022, dress in your best costume and be ready to wow everyone. Enjoy drink specials and dance with the DJ starting at 10PM!
- Haunted House on the Moon – 7075 Farm to Market 1960 Rd, W Suite 19A, Houston, TX 77069
ONE NIGHT ONLY pop up rave experience on October 22 at 9PM! Immerse yourself in 4D spooky projections, multiple backdrops for photo-ops and a costume contest.
Get Spooked at a Haunted House
- 13th Floor Haunted House – 7075 Farm to Market 1960 Rd W Ste 20, Houston, TX 77069
This world famous haunted house offers three main attractions, “Chop House”, “Legends of the Deep” and “All Hallows Eve”. Think you can survive the night? If you survive then you can stay and try some of the other attractions such as a mini escape room and axe throwing! Tickets start at 19.00 so be sure to grab them before you go!
- Purgatory Scream Park – 1965 Northpark Dr Kingwood, TX 77339
One of Houston's highest rated haunted houses on Google, you won't know what you'll experience here until you're in the midst of it. You up for the challenge of getting through this fright fest!?
Hike in a National Park
- Big Thicket National Preserve – FM 420, Kountze, TX 77625, United States
This is the only one that is a convenient day trip from the city, as it’s situated about an hour and 40 minutes away by car. Big Thicket protects a long, narrow preserve lining the banks of a few meandering creeks. This kind of environment consists of multiple interrelated habitats that attract a wide variety of wildlife. Among the nine different ecosystems in the park are pine forest, bayous, and wetlands. Popular activities here are kayaking, canoeing, and hiking. There are about 40 miles of hiking trails in the park.
- Waco Mammoth National Monument – 6220 Steinbeck Bend Dr, Waco, TX 76708, United States
Waco Mammoth National Monument one of the best national parks near Houston is where you can see a collection of “in situ” fossils, meaning that they’re still embedded in the place where they were originally discovered.
My Favorite Places to Black Friday Shop
- Old Town Tomball – 201 North Elm St. Tomball, TX 77375
Take a stroll through Old Town Tomball and browse the varies shops it has to offer! You will find antuques, home decor and boutiques.
- The Woodlands Mall – 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr Suite 700, The Woodlands, TX 77380
Walking through this 2-story mall and more than 160 shops, you'll be looking at all sorts of deals left and right. A food court is also fitted right in the center for you convenience!
Watch an Autumn Sunset
- Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve – 20215 Chasewood Park D Houston, TX 77070
You'll be able to watch the amazing sunsets on this spacious 80-acre land. Sit out on the lake or enjoy a nice evening picnic!
- The Woodlands Waterway – 31 Waterway Square Place The Woodlands, TX 77380
Take in the beautiful sunsets while walking along the waterway. Better yet, take out a kayak or paddle board from Riva Row Boat House out on the lake and sit in peace!
Take a Hayride
- Tomball Corn Maze – 22601 Lutheran Church Rd Tomball, TX
After you accomplish the corn maze, make your way over and relax on the hayride and you ride around the farm.
- Weinberg's Rosehill Farm – 17207 Farm to Market 2920, Tomball, TX 77377
Take a hayride through this farm and then go pick out your Halloween pumpkins!
Watch a Parade
- 57th Annual Tomball Holiday Parade | Main Street Tomball
Come watch the Holiday Parade on November 19, 2022 starting at 10AM! The parade route is from Elm St. to Buvinghausen.
- 73rd Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade – Near City Hall on Smith St.
On November 24 at 9AM, gather around in downtown Houston for this spectacular parade! With over 20 blocks long of floats, marching bands and balloons!
Outdoor Movie Events
- 2nd Saturday at the Depot – Tomball Depot Plaza, 201 S Elm Street, Tomball, TX 77375
Grab your family, a blanket and some snacks to enjoy a movie under the stars! Every 2nd Saturday, they showcase a family-friendly feature. Here is the fall lineup:
Ratatouille – September 10
Hotel Transylvania – October 8
Clifford the Big Red Dog – November 12
- Showboat Drive In Cinema – 22422 Farm to Market 2920 Hockley, TX 77447
Enjoy this drive-in theater with two screens to choose from! Enjoy the comfort of inside your car or bring chairs (or anything else) you can sit on outside.
Join a Turkey Trots
- 2022 Turkey Trot 5K – 2500 S Loop 336 E, Conroe, TX 77302
Gear up for race day on November 19 at 9AM. Registration will begin in October, so keep your eye out for updated information!
Upcoming Fall Events
- City Christmas Tree Lighting – Railroad Depot Plaza, 201 S. Elm Tomball, TX 77375
Come watch the giant Christmas tree get lit up this year on November 18, 2022, at 6PM! Enjoy some warming hot chocolate and snacks and you get to say hi to Mr. and Mrs. Claus and everyone's favorite elf, Buddy!
- Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work Life, and Influences – Village Books – 9955 Woodlands Parkway Suite F The Woodlands, TX 77382
Come celebrate the “King of Horror” at this free event as you explore King's work over his career and get an insight of what were some of his influences.
There is so much to do in and around Tomball TX. We might have missed some favorites, so be sure to share with us any new finds. You can email us, leave a comment below, or tag us on Instagram! @jordanschilleci and @byjoandco
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.