For those of you who know me through the YouTube channel or through many visits to this blog and website, know that I love to answer questions. Well, earlier this week I went to Google to find out what y'all are searching for. And today's post is featuring a frequently asked, that maybe you are seeking the answer to. That question is “Which Houston cities and towns are the best places to live?”
Keep in mind each suburb, city, and neighborhood has so much to offer. I know that there are so many to choose from in the Houston area, and I know there is one that perfectly fits your needs. In this blog post, I will be defining the best as a combination of “the most popular” coupled with “low crime” and “highly rated / award winning school”. And if you need help navigating, don’t forget to reach out to me (scheduling a call or email is best).
But let's go ahead and tackle that question on your mind, “Which Houston cities and towns are the best places to live?”
WHERE TO LIVE IN HOUSTON TEXAS
Niche.com named for the second consecutive year, named The Woodlands as “The Best City to Live”, so The Woodlands isn't just a best place to live in Houston, but America, therefore Texas as well!
Why The Woodlands:
- The walkability score is off the charts
- All the schools in the area or awarded or acclaimed
- The large variety of private schools
- The private transit option that takes you into downtown Houston
- You can work there! Plus, it is home to major businesses, including: HP, Chevron, Exxon, and Conns
- Because it is a city of art
- All of the parks you will find
- The walking trails
- The lake
- The trees
- It's overall beauty
- The multiple hospital choices, including a children’s hospital
- The abundance of restaurants
- The Mitchell Pavilion: Large amphitheater for live music!
- Abundance of night life options
- Proximity to Houston and major highways
- The property taxes are low due to the water district taxes being paid down
- The large price range of homes
- Option to live in a condo, brownstone, a townhome, new construction, and more
Learn more about The Woodlands:
- All of the blog posts we have written about The Woodlands – Link.
- Overview on the villages of The Woodlands – Link.
- Discover The Woodlands with this First Visit Guide – Link.
Homes for sale in The Woodlands Texas:
The city of Sugar Land ranks as one of America’s safest cities since 2008 and has been recognized as one of America’s Best Places to Live. Just 25 minutes of downtown Houston, Sugar Land offers something sweet for everyone, whether it's a piece of history, on-trend shopping or hours of family fun.
- Its close proximity to Downtown Houston! – 25 minute commute!
- Low crimes and property crimes
- Abundance of outdoor activities
- Great shopping
- Top rated schools
- The multiple hospital choices, including a children’s hospital.
- Restaurants of all kinds can be found in the city..
- The parks
- The amazing museums
- The beautiful master-planned communities
- The stunning lakes
- The large price range of homes
- The property taxes are low
- Close proximity to Katy, with easy access to Grand Parkway 99
- In Fort Bend County, which is one of the most diverse counties in the United States
Learn more about Sugar Land:
- All of the blog posts we have written about Sugar Land – Link.
- Best Neighborhood in Sugar Land TX to Avoid Flooding – Link.
- Discover Sugar Land with this First Visit Guide – Link.
Homes for Sale in Sugar Land Texas:
→ Sugar Land TX Homes for Sale with a Pool | Link.
→ New Construction Homes for Sale in Sugar Land TX | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Sugar Land TX in Master Planned Communities | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Sugar Land TX on 1+ Acres | Link.
Cypress is a booming suburb of North Houston, but its tight-knit community and small-town feel make it a wonderful place to call home. Just thirty minutes from downtown Houston, Cypress provides residents with a relaxing atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Top-notch schools
- Master planned communities, including one of the nation's best, Bridgeland
- Easy access to Downtown via Highway 290
- Easy access to Houston via Grand Parkway 99
- Lots of community events
- Wide open spaces
- Small town feel
- The parks
- The miles of salking & biking trails
- Abundance of Restaurants
- Golf course communities
- Great shopping options, including the Houston Premium Outlets (my favorite local outlet mall!)
- Abundance of outdoor activities
- Low taxes in the established neighborhoods: Fairfield and Coles Crossing
Learn more about Cypress:
- All of the blog posts we have written about Cypress – Link.
- The Best Neighborhood in Cypress TX – Link.
- Discover Cypress with this First Visit Guide – Link.
Homes for Sale in Cypress Texas:
→ Cypress TX Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools | Link.
→ New Construction Homes for Sale in Cypress TX | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Cypress TX in Master Planned Communities | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Cypress TX on 1+ Acres | Link.
Historically, Katy has been one of the top cities to fuel the growth of the Houston Suburbs. Just minutes from the Energy Corridor, Katy offers some of the best schools in all of Houston, and some of the most thoughtfully planned master-planned communities. While Katy has become most popular with families, it is still a great place for couples and individuals alike.
- Its quick access to Downtown Houston! – 29 minute commute!
- Award Winning Schools
- The Massive Shopping malls like Katy Mills Mall and LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch!
- Abundance of Museums
- Many of outdoor activities
- The Parks
- Lots of Career Opportunities
- The Master-Planned Communities
- High Quality Hospitals
- The attractions
- Option to live in a condo, brownstone, a townhome, new construction, and more.
- The Walking Trails
Learn more about Katy:
- All of the blog posts we have written about Katy – Link.
- The Seven Best Bang For Your Buck Neighborhoods in Katy | Link.
- Discover Katy with this First Visit Guide – Link.
Homes for Sale in Katy Texas:
→ Katy TX Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools | Link.
→ New Construction Homes for Sale in Katy TX | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Katy TX in Master Planned Communities | Link.
→ Homes for sell in Katy TX on 1+ Acres | Link.
I hope you have found this blog post super helpful. If there is anything else we can do for you, including helping you sell (or buy) a home, I would be honored to assist. I hope you have a great day/evening. Cheers, E + J.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.