Hi friend! Are you planning to visit Sugar Land and want to know what things you can do while there? If so, keep reading!
Sugar Land, Texas, is one of the fastest-growing cities in Fort Bend County. As of the 2022 census, Sugar Land’s population has 117,621 people and it was ranked as one of America’s safest cities to live in since 2008. In addition to its high safety rating, Sugar Land also offers residents a safe environment, many recreational facilities, excellent schools, and parks—everything you need in one place! Sugar Land is also close to George Bush Intercontinental Airport and Sugar Land Regional Airport which makes it easy to travel to other cities in Texas or even out of state.
To help you discover the hidden gems of this city, we’ve put together a list of some of the most interesting things to do in this area. We’ll cover some amazing restaurants, attractions, and even model homes to visit. I hope you find this list helpful during your stay, especially if it is your first visit! Feel free to reach out to me if you need assistance with your relocation.
If you are interested in what we recommend in other nearby cities, check out our First Visit category.
Restaurants in Sugar Land
- The Rouxpour : Cajun inspired cuisine, with live Jazz every Sunday for Brunch, located in Sugar Land Town Square.
- Live Oak Grill : Comfort food, fun indoor & outdoor dining spaces, and a playground for kids to enjoy.
- Japaneiro’s : Japanese Latin fusion cuisine, located in Sugar Land Town Square.
- Fish City Grill : Southern style seafood, home to the signature Oyster Nachos, located in Sugar Land Town Square.
- Los Gallitos Mexican Cafe : Classic Tex-Mex food, beautiful outdoor dining area with a water front view.
Food Trucks in Sugar Land
Barbecue Roll House – A one of a kind food truck blending Indian & American flavors together. The chef encourages everyone to try the garlic mayo roll & chicken deighi biryani! https://www.facebook.com/Barbecue-Roll-House-106480047803915/
The Sauerkraut Food Truck – German cuisine with a Texan twist. They have huge brats, schnitzel, burgers and more. Definitely try the Schruben sandwich if you go! http://www.thesauerkrautfoodtruck.com/
Tony’s Chat House – Indian food made by a very sweet husband & wife duo. They’re highly reviewed and most people recommend the Vada Pav!
What The Philly – This truck specializes in gourmet Philly cheesesteaks, where you can get your order in a sandwich, quesadilla, wrap, or on top of fries! https://www.facebook.com/whatthephilly/
Desi Bites – Halal street food with amazing flavor. The chicken tikka tacos & kabob burger are must tries! https://www.facebook.com/DesiBitesFoodTruck/
Steak Spot – Prime cuts of steak that you can have made into a grilled sandwich or get it paired with their many sides like garlic mayo corn, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and more! https://thesteakspot.com/
Creole Flava – Cajun soul food packed with flavor with a menu that has something for everyone. There’s jambalaya, gumbo, chicken & gravy, Cajun pastas, and so many different sides. They also have an extensive fish menu! https://creoleflava.com/
Sizzling Gyro – Authentic Mediterranean cuisine with so much to choose from. Their gyros, loaded fries, and chicken tikka are highly recommended! https://www.facebook.com/gyrofood
Places To Experience in Sugar Land
– Houston Museum of Natural Science : Featuring the Burke Baker Planetarium, Cockrell Butterfly Center, and Wortham Giant Screen Theatre; this place is truly a must see. It’s not just one of the most popular museums in Texas, but one of the most popular in the United States!
– Sugar Land Town Square : If shopping & dining are on your to-do list then you definitely need to come here. You could easily spend your day here with all of the upscale stores & boutiques both indoors and outdoors, and a wide variety of restaurants to choose from. It is also home to a beautiful Marriott hotel, so you may want to spend your night there as well!
– Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center : When you think about Texas I’m sure you don’t think about ice skating, but with this indoor rink you can enjoy the ice all year round. They’re open for public sessions with a $12 admission rate, just be sure to check the website for their schedule. If you plan on staying a while or perhaps moving to the area, they offer figure skating lessons and recreational hockey leagues for all ages.
– Fort Bend Children’s Discovery : Located in what was once the town's Imperial Sugar factory, this children’s museum is filled with activities for kids of all ages. It’s interactive & educational, especially the ‘Kidtropolis’ exhibit where children get to experience living in a city with different jobs & tasks to keep up with. If you have kids you’ll want to bring them here!
– Houston Funplex : No one will want to leave this exciting indoor playground for adults & children, it’s the definition of fun. There’s arcade games, bowling, rides, go-karts, roller skating and more. It’s endless possibilities for everyone when you go to Funplex!
Parks in Sugar Land
– Oyster Creek Park : Offers a 3 mile hiking & biking trail, a rose garden, and lovely water features. There’s also an amphitheater that can be rented out for private events.
– Brazos River Park : A 67 acre riverside park with plenty of trails, picnic areas with barbecues, and on site restrooms. You can also enjoy a 9-hole disc golf course here!
– Sugar Land City Park : This park is full of different activities, from the 25 yard long pool to the lit & covered skate park. It also includes a sand volleyball court, baseball fields, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, and a large playground!
– Colony Bend Park : Great for smaller children, as it includes 2 playgrounds and spring toys. They offer 2 pavilions with picnic tables, a volleyball court and 2 soccer fields as well!
– Cullinan Park : This 750 acre park is massive and full of beautiful sites. It boasts a boardwalk with a great scenic overlook, an observation tower, lakeside & nature trails, and of course it’s many wildlife inhabitants. You’ll be immersed in nature when you visit here!
Neighborhoods to Check Out
Alcorn Bend Price Range: $500,000 – $900,000 Lot Size: 6,000 – 16,000 square feet Neighborhood pools, parks, tennis courts, and trails. Homes for sale. | LINK
Avalon at Riverstone Price Range: $400,000 – $1,500,000 Lot Size: 7,000 – 25,000 square feet Multiple resort style neighborhood pools with large slides & splash pads, one overlooking a community lake, parks & trails, tennis courts, and a fitness center. Homes for sale. | LINK
Brazos Landing Price Range: $350,000 – $700,000 Lot Size: 6,000 – 13,000 square feet 7 acres of lakes, community pool & park, and tennis courts. Homes for sale. | LINK
Colony Park Price Range: $450,000 – $700,000 Square Feet: 2,500 – 5,500 Large park with 2 playgrounds, sand volleyball court, soccer fields, and plenty of nature trails. Homes for sale. | LINK
Greatwood Price Range: $300,000 – 800,000 Lot Size: 0 – 3 acres Golf course, beautiful water features, multiple playgrounds, tennis courts, 3 pools, and miles of trails. Homes for sale. | LINK
Imperial Price Range: $390,000 – $1,500,000 Lot Size: 4,000 – 13,000 square feet Nature trails & a 62 acre lake, neighborhood parks, great location next to Imperial Market. Homes for sale. | LINK
Lake Pointe Price Range: $350,000 – $1,200,000 Square Feet: 2,000 – 5,000 Neighborhood offers townhomes, condos, and single family homes. Homes for sale. | LINK
New Territory Price Range: $280,000 – $700,000 Lot Size: 6,000 – 13,000 square feet Nature preserves with walking trails, playgrounds, multiple pools, a fitness center, and a sports complex. Homes for sale. | LINK
Point Royale Price Range: $450,000 – $900,000 Square Feet: 3,500 – 7,000 Gated community. Homes for sale. | LINK
Riverstone Price Range: $250,000 – $3,000,000 Square Feet: 1,800 – 9,000 200 acres of lakes, miles of nature trails, dog park, pool & waterpark, fitness center, playground, and tennis courts. Homes for sale. | LINK
Sugar Creek Price Range: $220,000 – $2,000,000 Square Feet: 1,300 – 9,200 Large pool & splash pad with poolside cabana service and a fitness center. Homes for sale. | LINK
Sweetwater Price Range: $450,000 – $7,000,000 Lot Size: 0 – 3 acres Very wide variety of homes & prices to meet different needs. Homes for sale. | LINK
Telfair Price Range: $370,000 – $1,400,000 Square Feet: 1,800 – 7,000 70 acres of lakes, large pool with slides & splash pad, fitness center, and tennis courts. Homes for sale. | LINK
Venetian Estates Price Range: $430,000 – $2,000,000 Square Feet: 2,000 – 7,000 Waterfront community with multiple lakes. Homes for sale. | LINK
Williams Glen Price Range: $430,000 – $800,000 Lot Size: 6,000 – 18,000 square feet Quaint neighborhood with large homes and large lots. Homes for sale. | LINK
Open Houses | LINK
Where to live in Sugar Land TX if your budget is under $400k.
- Colony Bend | Homes for sale.
- Creekstone Village at Riverstone | Homes for sale.
- Edgewater | Homes for sale.
- Greatwood | Homes for sale.
- New Territory | Homes for sale.
- Sugar Creek | Homes for sale.
- Woodbridge | Homes for sale.
- Woodstream | Homes for sale.
I included links to homes for sale, but I didn’t alter the price point, so be sure to use the “Price” option to show you your price point, or you can just “Sort” low to high.
New Construction Neighborhoods in the Sugar Land TX
There isn’t a lot of new construction left in Sugar Land, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging if new construction is what you are wanting. 🙂
1. Avalon at Riverstone 2. Hartford Landing at Riverstone 3. Majestic Pointe at Riverstone New homes for sale in Sugar land TX | Link.
New Construction Neighborhoods in Missouri City TX
1. Jade Island Lake Olympia 2. Manors at Riverstone 3. Sienna New Construction for Sale in Missouri City TX | Link.
Other Sugar Land TX Related Blog Posts – Sugar Land TX Category (I would start with the links below, and then the category link.)
- Comparing the Neighborhoods of Sugar Land TX – Link.
- What is the weather like in Sugar Land TX? – Link.
- Best Neighborhoods in Sugar Land TX – Link.
- Things to do in Sugar Land TX – Link.
- Sugar Land TX Relocation Guide – Link.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Sugar Land TX – Link.
- If you are visiting The Woodlands, Spring, or Klein, please check out this blog post.
- If you are visiting Katy, please check out this blog post.
- If you are visiting Cypress, please check out this blog post.
- If you are visiting Tomball, please check out this blog post.
Please save my phone number to your phone, and I hope you have a lovely visit! Jo. We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/ • Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook. • Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks • Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.