Dallas is can be an awesome place to visit. They host “America’s Team”, have a vibrant night-life scene, and great weekly happenings but is it really a place you want to move? Today, I am looking to explore with you 10 reasons NOT to move to Dallas TX.
- Cost of Living: Dallas is not a cheap place to live, with increasing influx of industry, the cost of living and home prices continue to soar.
- Sports are everything: The Cowboys are more of a religion than a sports team. Not a football fan? Best to keep that to yourself.
- Traffic: The traffic in Dallas can be horrendous particularly during rush hours.
- Fashion: This is not all of Dallas but the standards of dress is very different than other cities. Many women do not leave the house without a full-face of makeup and their hair done. Again, this is sort of a stereotype but you will notice it if you visit.
- Toll Roads: there are SO many toll roads. It is a necessity to purchase a toll pass to get around, but then of course you are stuff with toll charges, which stinks.
- Dallas is very spread out: Dallas has grown rather quickly and because of that sudden growth it has expanded outward instead of upward. This creates low walkability meaning you will need a car to get most anywhere.
- It is not always warm: Many people believe Texas is warm everywhere and all time but that is not the case, Dallas gets cold! From November to March it can be cold in the evenings/ nights and can sometimes drop below freezing.
- Crime rate: The Dallas crime rate is higher than more than 90% of the U.S. cities.
- Not close to any ocean: Being far from any sort of ocean makes for longer travel for a weekend-getaway. The closest beach is Galveston which is nearly 270 miles away.
- Low housing inventory: Due to an influx in relocations to Dallas the housing market is hard to navigate. There are few homes available, and of what is available, a majority are way over-priced.
If reading this list made you sad, don’t be! I know each city has its fair share of pros and cons, I just thought it would be helpful to share the most common complaints for living in Dallas. No city is perfect but you should continue to keep HOUSTON in your home search. (: If you have any questions about your relocation to Texas, please contact me. Also, be sure to check below for additional resources that will assist you in your house hunt.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y’all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.