Huntsville has sustained large amounts of growth recently due to the migration of companies and businesses. This migration makes sense because Huntsville's cost of living and real estate prices are very affordable. However, are these reasons enough to make you want to move there? Today, I am looking to explore with you 10 reasons NOT to move to Huntsville AL.
- The Weather: Weather in Huntsville is not for everyone. Due to its location the weather is extremely unpredictable. Though they have nicer warm summers, they are prone to heavy thunderstorms with average rain fall hitting about 55 inches a year, well above the national average of 38 inches. They are also no stranger to tornadoes and mild winters that often bring black ice to the roads or a couple inches of snow.
- Allergies: Allergies are a year-round problem here with many people experiencing severe pollen-induced allergic rhinitis.
- Bleak Night-life: Not that the night life is non existent in Huntsville, there are things going on it is just not as lively as other cities. Huntsville is sort of a 9-5 town.
- Automotive- dependent Lifestyle: Huntsville has a public transit system but its very minimal and unreliable. It is also not very walkable, meaning you will need a car to go most anywhere.
- Bugs: Roaches, spiders, mosquitos, wasps, and fire ants are very prevalent. Spraying your home for these nasty critters is a must.
- Bad schools: Though the schools are okay on paper, locals complain about the school system and its lack of structure and performance.
- Crime: Not as bad as Birmingham Alabama but crime in Huntsville is 3% higher than the national average.
- Closed Sundays: Many stores or businesses are closed on Sundays . If you run out of something or need something in a pinch on a Sunday, you may finding yourself waiting until Monday to get it.
- Football: If you aren't an Auburn or Alabama fan, it is best to keep that to yourself. Football is a religion here, and a necessary ticket into social circles.
- Bad Rankings: Huntsville, and Alabama in general, consistency rank near the bottom for all determinants of quality of life including; safety, health, income level and environmental levels.
If reading this list made you sad, don't be! I know each city has its fair share of pros and cons, I just thought it would be helpful to share the most common complaints for living in Huntsville. No city is perfect but you should continue to keep HOUSTON in your home search. (: If you have any questions about your relocation to Texas, please contact me. Also, be sure to check below for additional resources that will assist you in your house hunt.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.