Today I will be sharing with you a list of fun things to do to experience Tomball TX in local spirit and tourist spirit. There is something for everyone in Tomball. From history and nature, to fun-filled festivals, live music, sports, unique shopping and award winning mom-and-pop restaurants, Tomball is at the center of it all. If I missed something, please add it to the comments below.
What to do in Tomball TX
- Awarding-winning festivals and events such as:
- The Tomball Honky Tonk Chili Challenge – May
- Beetles, Brew & Barbecue – September
- Rail & Tails Mudbug Festival – May
- The Tomball Bluegrass Festival – October
- July 4th Celebration & Street Party – July
- The Tomball German Heritage Festival – March
- German Christmas Festival and Christmas on Commerce – December
- Tomball Night – August
- Zomball in Tomball – October
- The Freight Train Food Truck Festival – October
- Certified and informal runs and walks such as the annual Tomball Bunny Run
- The family-oriented “2nd Saturday at the Depot” for kids
- The award winning Tomball Farmers Market
- Antiquing and treasure hunting throughout the historic downtown district
- Shopping at boutiques and specialty shops
- Christmas tree farms
- Haunted downtown “Ghost Tours”
- Exploring pioneer life at Kleb Woods Nature Center and Farm
- Picking your own fruit and berries at the Matt Family Orchard
- Letterboxing and geocaching
- Cork This, Bernhardt and more than ten other wineries along the Bluebonnet Wine Trail
- Sampling Texas craft beers at area breweries such as 11 Below, Southern Star and Lone Pint
- Whitmeyer’s Distilling Co. is just minutes away
- Saturday’s farmer’s market
- The annual Christmas Candlelight Tours at Tomball’s Museum Center
- Local community and professional theater productions
- Live performances from well known “Texas music” artists and those on the way up at Main Street Crossing
- Tea rooms and Country cooking, award winning Texas craft barbecue and Baja-style Mexican treats, homemade desserts and ice cream hand-dipped by real soda jerks.
- The Tomball Museum Center with a dozen restored buildings and museums.
- Tomball’s historic railroad Depot and museum
- The “O” scale T&W Model Railway and “Z” scale Golden~Blackhawk & Central City Model Railway
- More than 40 historic cemeteries, markers, museums and homes within a short drive
Tomball TX, especially Downtown Tomball, is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. There are even a handful of cute Airbnbs. Check out this link to help plan your next trip. My favorite events include the Rail & Tails Mudbug Festival in May and The Tomball Bluegrass Festival in October. Looking for something more key? How about a Saturday trip to the farmer’s market, lunch at The The Whistle Stop Tea Room, and antique shop hopping. And look below for some of my favorite restaurants and eateries in Downtown Tomball TX.
Best Restaurants in the Historical District of Tomball TX (or nearby)
- Mel’s Country Cafe – 24814 Stonolind Road
- Fire Ant Brewpub – 308 Market Street
- Tejas Burger Joint – 214 W Main Street
- Craving Kernels Gourmet Popcorn & Candy – 312 Market Street
- The Lunch Ladies Cafe – 214 W Main Street
- The Whistle Stop Tea Room – 107 Commerce Street
- The Original Rib Tickler – 28930 Tomball Parkway
- 403 Eats – 402 East Main Street
- Tikiz Shaved Ice & Ice Cream – 9614 Chaddington Court
- Tejas Chocolate and Barbecue – 200 N. Elm Street
- Every-Bellies – 106 Market Street
- Shivers Shaved Ice – 425A W Main Street
- Goodson’s Cafe – 27931 SH 249
- Bonfire Grill – 425 W. Main Street
- Graze – 208 N. Elm Street
- Market Street Cafe – 302 Market Street
- The Empty Glass (Wine Bar) – 104 Market Street
- Che Gaucho Restaurant (Argentinian Food) – 611 W Main Street
- Old Tomball BBQ – 30042 TX-249
- Gianna Italian Kitchen – 28301 TX-249
- Wholly Crepe!! Russian Bistro – 413 W Main Street
- El Emperador – 601 W Main Street
- The Nook Grill – 1218 W Main Street
- Pecos Grilling Company – 28900 Tomball Parkway
- C C’s Cafe – 1231 Alma Street
- Golden Pagoad Chinese Restaurant – 908 W Main Street
What did I miss? Add it in the comments below!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y’all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.