Hi there. Sometimes it's good to get out of your bubble and do something different for a change, so today I wanted to share a list of some great places to venture out to on your next day trip!
- Galveston Beaches: It is no Hawaii, but when I am looking to detox from city life, I hit up one of two places. Lake Conroe or Galveston. Galveston is my go to if I have a full day or two of free time. I really love the air down in Galveston, especially the eastern coastline. Find my favorite Galveston Beaches on this post. I love to rent an AIR BNB while in town & go shopping on The Strand, plus there's an abundance of amazing restaurants with beautiful beach views.
- The Houston Zoo(Specifically Zoo Lights): The Houston Zoo is already pretty impressive on its own, but during the holiday season it's amped up at night time with festive decor, twinkling lights, and fun activities. Some of the features are Holiday Grove where there's animal themed lanterns & trees streaming with lights, and Illuminated Ocean experience, a 33 ft. color changing Christmas tree, the Infinity Tunnel of Lights, Winter Wonderland with falling snow, pics with Santa & so much more. There's even 21+ nights.
- Schlitterbahn Water Park: This massive water park is so much fun for all ages. There's endless amounts of slides & rides, multiples children's areas with shallow water & cool water features, 2 different heat up pools with swim up bars, a winding lazy river, wave pools, and more. They have over 16 locations to get a wide variety of different foods & drinks, and you can reserve private cabanas for the day.
- Moody Gardens: This exciting & educational center is a blast, and there's even a hotel if you wind up wanting to stay for more that the day. It's split up into pyramids, there's the Aquarium Pyramid which is a 1.5 million gallon aquarium with sharks, jelly fish, penguins, river otters, seals, and much more. The Rainforest Pyramid has over 1,700 exotic plants & animals like sloths, bats, parrots, and more. There's even up close encounters with animals. Moody Gardens also has a discovery museum, 3D & 4D theaters, multiple restaurant options, and a Colonel Paddlewheel Boat.
- Candytopia: If you've ever wanted to go to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory then this is the place to go. There's over a dozen different interactive exhibits, some even made out of actual candy, that look like they came straight out of Candy Land, you'll be snapping Instagram worthy pictures the whole time. There's candy in each room that you can eat, giant swings & marshmallow pits, and a special app to download that lets you take green screen photos & pics from the ceiling. It's such a vibrant & happy place, it just has to be experienced.
I hope you find this list useful in planning your next outing, and feel free to comment & let us know if there's any other special places you think should make the list!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.