Hello friend. Today, I wanted to share with you the most popular and best master-planned communities of Katy, Texas. To be considered for this list, you need to be master-planned and be highly desirable for one reason or another. Most of these neighborhoods and communities have the best amenities around, and each one is loved for different reasons. Location with proximity to Houston or major highways, one of the fastest-growing and most desirable suburbs in Houston, and also home to the biggest retail and entertainment complexes, are the top three reasons why someone considers one neighborhood over the other. If you need help navigating neighborhoods in the Houston Suburbs or Katy, please reach out to me. Hugs, Jo. | Schedule a call with Jordan.
1. Cane Island – The community of Cane Island is number one on our list because of its location close to Katy and offers all the luxury amenities without breaking the bank. Amenity Village is the heart of the community. It features a state-of-the-art fitness center, yoga studio, amphitheater lawn for summer concerts and movies, pool and splash pad, open-air treehouse, private cottage for guests, and more coming soon like themed parks, lakes, and waterways. The estimated 2023 tax rate for Cane Island is 3.46%.
2. Cinco Ranch – Cinco Ranch is one of the best neighborhoods in Katy because its location is so convenient. It's close to everything you could want or need, including great shopping and dining options. There are also lots of fun amenities here, including community lakes, a golf course, and club, 17 tennis courts, winding walking trails with scenic views, 11 different pools with splash pads and water parks, 60 parks throughout the neighborhood with playgrounds, picnic areas & grills, paddle boats & kayaks plus volleyball & basketball courts. The estimated tax rate for Cinco Ranch is 2.78%.
3. Elyson – When you live at Elyson, you'll be living in one of the premier master-planned communities in the Houston area. Located off of FM 529 and Grand Parkway, this community is a 3,642-acre community with plans to devote more than 750 acres to parks, trails, lakes, recreation centers, and natural open spaces. But that's not all. Elyson also has a Lifestyle Director who plans a year-round calendar of events and activities for residents of all ages. These include big community-wide events like The Great Get-Together picnic and regular activities like Story Time, Movies on the Lawn, Happy Hours, and MyBalance Fitness classes. The estimated tax rate for this community is 3.54%.
4. Firethorne – Firethorne is a 1,400-acre master-planned community located in Katy, just north of I-10 and to the left of Grand Parkway 99 Tollway. The community is part of two highly acclaimed school districts: Lamar Consolidated ISD and Katy ISD. Firethorne offers 150 acres of parks, lakes, recreation, playgrounds, a resort-style swimming pool, a splash pad, and a tennis court. It also contains natural areas for hiking and biking trails. The estimated tax rate for Firethorne is 2.58%.
5. Jordan Ranch – I love the amenities and the fact that you are on the edge of the city, which are what make this community so special. Jordan Ranch offers a plethora of events and activities to do including but not limited to a playscape recreation for the kids, a poolside vacation for you, and concerts under the Texas stars for all. enjoy the resort-style swimming pool, lazy river, fitness center, tennis courts, walking trails, and sports fields. Plus, from back-to-school parties to outdoor yoga, the Director of Fun has a wide range of activities on the calendar all year long. The estimated tax rate for this community is 3.19%.
6. Katy Lakes – Katy Lakes in Katy is a great place to live. The community has all the amenities you need, plus so much more! The community is located near everything you could want—restaurants, shopping, entertainment, etc. The amenities include an outstanding pool with a splash pad and cabanas, a park, picnic areas, a very impressive playground, a scenic community lake, and sidewalks lining the community. The estimated 2023 tax rate for Katy Lakes is 3.59%.
7. Grand Lakes – The first thing I love about Grand Lakes is the natural scenery. The community has 27 lakes so you can enjoy water activities all year long! There are also four swimming pools, tennis courts, and a splash pad—you'll never run out of things to do here. I also like the variety of home styles and prices so you can find a home that fits your needs and budget. The community is located in Katy, Texas which is ideal because it's close to restaurants, shopping centers, schools, and more! The estimated tax rate for this community is 2.51%.
Bonus: Cross Creek Ranch – Cross Creek Ranch is a 3,200-acre master-planned community located on the edge of Katy and borders Cinco Ranch, but it's actually in Fulshear. This is an amazing place to live because of its highly-rated onsite schools, outdoor lifestyle, gorgeous new construction homes, and natural beauty. The amenities here include more than 45 miles of trails & 650 acres of lakes, parks, and open green spaces. There are also 3 neighborhood pools: Adventure Island Water Park which features an enormous resort-style swimming pool, wading pool, dedicated lap lanes & tanning shelves with water jets; Flewellen Creek Pool which offers a generously sized pool with dedicated lap lanes & comfortable loungers for tanning time; Greenthread Park that has a resort-style pool, water slides, and sunbathing shelves as well as a playground pavilion sand volleyball court event lawn trails. You have everything you could ever want or need in this community. The estimated tax rate for this community is 3.14%.
Homes for sale in master-planned communities in Katy, Texas
Homes for sale in Cane Island – Link
Homes for sale in Cinco Ranch – Link
Homes for sale in Elyson – Link
Homes for sale in Firethorne – Link
Homes for sale in Jordan Ranch – Link
Homes for sale in Katy Lakes – Link
Homes for sale in Grand Lakes – Link
Homes for sale in Cross Creek Ranch – Link
Finding the best neighborhood or master-planned community for you!
Keep in mind each suburb, city, and neighborhood has so much to offer. I know that there are so many to choose from in the Houston area, and I know there is one that perfectly fits your needs. If you need help navigating, don't forget to reach out to me (scheduling a call or email is best).
Two other amazing resources are this blog and our YouTube Channel. The easiest way to navigate the blog is by using the search bar near the top right, or by using the categories. This page nicely organizes the most popular categories. Our goal at Jo & Co. isn't to just be your REALTOR®, but your resource.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed about where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by clicking this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious about what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.