Some time ago, I decided to poll some of the residents of The Woodlands, and I asked them “What is the number one reason you moved to The Woodlands?” Many of the answers were along the lines of husband's job, family lived here, career, I was born here and never left, I was born here, moved away, and came back, but here are the ones that make help you in your decision of if this is the place you should call home.
Reasons Why They Choose The Woodlands
- Family safety
- The general feeling of community
- The trees
- Family Friendly
- The focus on keeping it natural
- Lacrosse and the ACES program at Oak Ridge
- ACES stands for Academy for Careers in Engineering and Science. It’s like a school within Oakridge with students who applied and were accepted. My son has always wanted to be an engineer and this was the perfect fit. They are required to take certain ACES classes, do lots of volunteer work, internships and attend seminars. They have incredible teachers and it’s been wonderful for my child to be surrounded with people who share his love for learning.
- How much of the commercial areas are hidden within the trees
- Moved here to start a family
- The great sense of community
- I couldn't picture myself anywhere else
- Amenities it has to offer
- Proximity to Bush IAH (the airport)
- The Woodlands medical centers
- Walking paths
- Lots of shopping
- Low crime rate
- The commute to downtown
- Scenery and nature was important to me
- My husband didn't like Tomball
- The ordinances
- The access to I-45
- Love the environment
- The beauty
- The highly rated schools
- The lack of signs and billboards
- The strong homeschool community
- All the golf courses and country clubs
- The natural landscaping that makes me feel like I am living in a forest
- The affordability
- Enough room for our dog without being crazy expensive
- Pools and parks
- Diversity and convenience
- Back in 1976, the small hometown feeling
- The greenery
- All the corporations that are head quartered here leading to a healthy and stable job market
- The nice people
- The fact that The Woodlands feels a world away from Houston
- The lake and all the activities and parks around the lake
- The weather
- It is a bubble (I second this one!)
Other things people have told me they love about The Woodlands
- The walkability and bikeability due to the infinite amount of trails
- All the events, including the free concert series
- The Cynthia Wood Mitchell Pavilion
- The art pieces placed throughout the community
- All the amazing restaurants – There are more than 200
- All the traditions – the Lighting of the Doves, an annual winter event that includes multicultural performances, fireworks, ice carvers, and more
- The easy access to healthcare
- Great churches
- The high school sport programs
- Easy commute to Downtown Houston via The Woodlands Express (a private bus system)
If you have been considering The Woodlands, I recommend scheduling a visit. Feel free to check out this blog post for my suggestions of where to stay while house hunting in The Woodlands. And if you are looking for a real estate agent to show you the area, and suggest homes/neighborhoods for you to view or consider, please reach out to me. For house hunting in the “Houston” area, I recommend using our local MLS as a home search engine. It is the most accurate and up to date. You can view the desktop version by clicking here, the mobile version by clicking here, and connect with me in the app by clicking here.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.