- Red Cross Shelter at M.O. Campbell Ed Center: 1865 Aldine Bender Rd, Houston, TX
- Islamic Center/Masjid Al-Mustafa: 17250 Coventry Park Dr, Houston, TX
- Islamic Center/Masjid Al-Sabireen: 610 Brand Lane, Stafford TX
- Islamic Center/Masjid Abu-Bakr: 8830 Old Galveston Rd, Houston TX
- Iglesia Bautista del Redentor: 4218 Lang Road Houston Tx 77092
- George R. Brown Convention Center: 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX (Click here for more.)
- A temporary shelter has been set up at the Sagemont Park Community Center at 11507 Hughes Road
- Vietnamese Martys Church: 10610 Kingspoint Road, Houston, TX
- St. Thomas Presbyterian Church: 14100 Memorial Drive, near Memorial and Kirkwood
- Officials say they have opened nine shelters throughout the area to assist:
- North Shore High School: 13501 Hollypark Drive
- M.O. Campbell Center: 1865 Aldine Bender Road
- Pasadena High School
- Golden Acres Baptist Church: 2812 Pansy St, Pasadena, TX
- Dobie High School: 10220 Blackhawk Boulevard
- George R. Brown Convention Center
- The Community of Faith Chruch: 1024 Pinemont Drive
- Lindale Assembly of God: 503 Reid Street
- 3534 Dixie Street (families only)
KLEIN | CHAMPIONS
- Faithbridge (church) – 18000 Stuebner Airline Rd, Spring, TX 77379 – (281) 320-7588
- Masjid Al-Salam aka Champions Masjid located at 16700 Old Louetta Road, Spring 77379
- Klein Multipurpose Center – 7500 FM 2920, Klein, TX 77379
- St. Simon and Jude 26777 Glen Loch Road Spring, TX 77381
- Bull Sallas Park 21679 McCleskey Road New Caney, TX 77357
- Magnolia High School 14350 FM 1488 Magnolia, TX 77354
- Under and Over Fellowship 600 South Frasier Street Conroe TX 77301
- College Park High School 3701 College Park Drive The Woodlands TX
- Harris County Shelter: The Church Project 295 Sawdust Rd The Woodlands TX
- Katy ISD open Morton Ranch HS and Cinco Ranch HS as shelters.
- The City Activities Building: 416 Morningside Drive, Friendswood, TX
- First United Methodist Church Shelter: 1201 Main St., Bastrop City, TX
- Angleton ISD: 1900 N. Downing, Angleton, TX
- Red Cross Shelter at Living Stone Church: 1401 Victory Lane, Alvin, TX
- MO Campbell Center Shelter: 1865 Aldine Bender in District 2
FORT BEND COUNTY
- Marshall High School emergency shelter: 1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City, TX 77489
- Red Cross shelter at B.F. Terry High School: 5500 Avenue N., Rosenberg
SAN JACINTO COUNTY
- Coldspring I.S.D Jones Campus: 125 FM 1514, Coldspring, Tx 77331
- Shepherd Community Center: 1025 FM 150 East, Sherpherd, Tx 77371
- LB Johnson High School: 7309 Lazy Creek Dr, Austin, TX 78724, 956-473-5100
- Tony Burger Activity Center: 3200 Jones Rd, Austin, TX 78745, 512-414-1050
- First United Methodist Church: 1201 Main St, Bastrop, TX 78602, 512-21-2201
- 2nd Baptist Church: 1010 N Von Minden St, La Grange, TX 78945, 979-968-5953
- Luling Civic Center: 333 E Austin St, Luling, TX 78648, 830-875-2411
- Victoria Christian Center: 735 E Kingsbury St, Seguin, TX 78155, 830-401-0848
- NB 9th Grade Center: 659 S Guenther Ave, New Braunfels, TX 78130, 830-643-5700
- Church Middle School: 1275 I-35BL, New Braunfels, TX 78130, 830-221-2800
- New Life Fellowship Church: 11225 E Loop 1604 N, Universal City, TX 78148, 210-945-8098
- Tommie N. Allen Recreation Center – 7071 Bonnie View Rd, Dallas, TX 75241, 214-647-0986
- Samuell Grand Recreation Center – 6200 E Grand Ave, Dallas, TX 75223, 214-670-1383
- Walnut Hill Recreation Center – 10011 Midway Rd, Dallas, TX 75229, 214-670-7112
- Walker County Storm Shelter – 455 State Hwy 75 N, Huntsville, TX 77320
- Huntsville High School – 515 Farm to Market Rd 2821, Huntsville, TX 77320
RED CROSS LOCATIONS
- Walker County Storm Shelter: 455 State Highway 75 N, Huntsville, TX 77320
- Bay Harbor Methodist Church: 3459 Deke Slayton Expressway, Galveston, TX 7757
- Huntsville High School: 515 FM 2821 E Huntsville, TX 7732
- Knights of Columbus: 1310 Hwy 90 West, Sealy 77474
- MO Campbell Education Center: 1865 Aldine Bender Rd, Houston, TX 77032
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church: 507 S 4th St, Richmond, TX
- Golden Acres Baptist Church CLC: 2812 Pansy Street PASADENA, TX 77503
- First Baptist Church Tomball: 401 Oxford Street TOMBALL, TX 77375
Governor Abbott has opened Texas state parks to hurricane evacuees:
Hurricane Harvey evacuees can stay for free in Texas state parks. Please call parks to check availability.
Some parks in coastal and south Texas regions are closed due to the hurricane. Parks not listed here may have limited availability; if you are an evacuee and you are near a TPWD park that is not listed here, you can check this map to see if the park is open.
- Gallery Furniture: 6006 North Fwy (Between Tidwell & Parker), Houston. The business will be stocked with food, water, and plenty of mattresses. (Pets must be Kenneled)
- Galley Furniture: 7227 W. Grand Parkway South., Richmond
If you can, residents who need to take shelter are encouraged to bring the following items:
– Prescription/Emergency medication
– Medical equipment, i.e. Oxygen tanks, wheelchairs
– Extra clothing
– Pillows, blankets, sleeping bags
– Toiletries/Hygiene supplies
– Baby food, formula, diapers
– Flashlights and extra batteries
– Entertainment for children
– Beach/camping chairs
– Speciality food and juices for dietary needs
– Pets WITH carriers, as well as leashes, food, food bowls, pet health records
– Important paperwork
City of Houston Services Helpline: 311
CenterPoint Energy Natural Gas: 713-659-2111
CenterPoint Energy Electric: 713-207-2222
FEMA Disaster Assistance: 1-800-621-3362
Harris County Judge: 713-755-4000
Harris County OEM: 713-881-3100
Harris County Sheriff's Dept: 713-221-6000
Houston Traffic Signal Repair: 713-881-3210
In addition to calling 911 or the U.S. Coast Guard Houston Command Center at 281-464-4851 for assistance, people in distress can call the following Coast Guard numbers:
REGIONAL, STATE & NATIONAL RESOURCES
Texas DPS Division of Emergency Management
Thank you to everyone who is out there helping others!
P.S. If you have any updates for this post, please do so in the comments below, or reach out to me on Facebook! <3
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.