In no particular order, here are some of my thoughts on why some homes stay on the market longer than others and do not get the sought after dollar amount..
- The photographs displayed in your online listing might be blurry, poorly lit, or there are too few.
View your digital listing and make sure your photographs are of professional quality and quantity.
- Your photographs are lacking descriptions, leaving the viewer with confusion.
- The buyer can't see themselves in your home, because all they see is you.
Declutter your walls, rooms, and counter tops. Remove all family photos.
- Your home is over priced.
Look at the price per square footage of some other similar homes in your neighborhood or area to make sure you are competitive.
- Your home smells like a dirty diaper pail or kitty litter box.
Invite over your most honest friend and non-pet-owner to give the air a sniff.
- Your carpets are stained or dingy.
Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Your home has no curb appeal in the landscaping department.
Here are some ideas to liven it up: cut your grass weekly, pull the weeds, trim the trees/scrubs, remulch the flower and tree beds, or purchase some in season flowers to add some color and contrast.
- Your home isn't being marketed socially.
There are many places to advertise and list your home with Facebook and Instagram being the most trafficked.
- The program or service being used to make appointments to view your home is not user friendly or reliable.
- You didn't hire me.
I bet you didn't see that one coming. Lol.
But in all seriousness, almost any home can be sold, even with all the above mentioned issues, however correcting one (price being the most important) or all of these, can get you top dollar and make a quicker sale for your home.
If your home was previously on the market and you were disappointed with your experience, please reach out to me, and I would love to chat.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.