Good day friend! This weekend I had the pleasure of taking a family of first time home buyers out on the town… Lol. I even vlogged it (it will go live tomorrow), so feel free to check that out and ride shotgun with me, as one client put it once. But this sparked the idea (my eyes were really reopened to how hard it is to be a first time home buyer right now). Most of my clients (May 2022), have taken a break from house hunting due to the increased interest rates, so I havent been in the under 400k market for a month. And I am not lying when the real estate market can change in a blink of an eye. The under 400k market is so different in comparison to weeks, months, and years ago.
Anywho, what we are diving into today (sorry for the tangent), is a new series, and today I am featuring Katy Texas. So I am answering the question, What are the best first time home buyer neighborhoods or communities in Katy Texas?
The best first time home buyer neighborhoods in Katy Texas…
(For this list, I am going to avoid neighborhoods with tax rates above 3%, and keep in mind that Katy is considered an area with high tax rates, so this fact will be limiting my list. And there are two constants I considered when making this list: there had to be a community pool and the schools had to be A/B rated.)
Bear Creek Village Tax rate: 2.17%
- The amenities include its own community center, 2 swimming pools, and numerous tennis courts. The neighborhood is just right beside the Bear Creek Pioneers Park which features more than 2,000 acres of green spaces, hike-and-bike trails, sports fields, and picnic areas. The upscale Memorial City Mall and City Centre are also a short drive from the community. Bear Creek Village is also served by Katy ISD, including Mayde Creek High School, Cardiff Middle School, and Bear Creek Elementary School.
- Blog post about this Bear Creek Village Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Cimarron Tax rate: 2.33%
- The amenities include a community clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts. and playground. The community is home to many services and recreational amenities such as schools, parks, playgrounds, ballfields, swimming pools, tennis courts and more. The Katy Independent School District serves the residents of Cimarron which students can access the district’s campuses via Beechnut Park Road or Mason Road.
- Blog post about this Cimarron Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Cinco Ranch Tax rate: 2.69%
- The amenities include community lakes, a golf course & golf club, 17 tennis courts, winding walking trails with scenic views, 11 different pools with splash pads & water parks, 60 parks throughout the neighborhood with playgrounds, picnic areas & grills, and paddle boats & kayaks, plus volleyball & basketball courts.
- Blog post about this Cinco Ranch Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Lakecrest Park Tax rate: 2.57%
- The amenities include a private aquatic center and pool, playgrounds, beautiful entry monuments, and a park portal that ties into the Mason Creek Hike and Bike Trail. This neighborhood is nestled near Katy Park, which features baseball and soccer fields, a lighted gazebo, 0.75 miles of paved jogging trails, picnic tables and barbecues. Across the street on the northern edge of Lakecrest Park, there is an additional paved, looping trail that is excellent for jogging or walking your dog.
- Blog post about this Lakecrest Park Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Mayde Creek Farms Tax rate: 2.49%
- a beautiful homes with mature trees, a community pool, tennis courts, and more. There are also many parks and golf courses in the area, meaning you never have to go too far to experience and enjoy the nature . Beyond the well-maintained homes and beautiful greenery view, residents can enjoy endless shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Blog post about this Mayde Creek Farms Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Memorial Parkway Tax rate: 2.33%
- The amenities include a community center with swimming pool, common areas with a playground for children, as well as tennis and soccer courts, plus a second pool. Residents can take a walk or go jogging at one of the beautiful parks and enjoy the nicely landscaped gardens in the neighborhood. Students living in Memorial Parkway community are zoned to Memorial Parkway Elementary School and Memorial Parkway Middle School. These schools belong to the highly-regarded Katy Independent School District.
- Blog post about this Memorial Parkway Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Morton Ranch Tax rate: 2.82%
- The amenities include a large pond to enjoy a walk around, like most of our neighbors do. Children will love their playgrounds, they have two, a large one located beside the pool and another located in the front of the subdivision perfect for smaller children. They have a pool and a splash pad where the children can play and families can swim during the summer months. Additionally, right next to the subdivision are the wonderful Katy ISD schools.
- Blog post about this Morton Ranch Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Raintree Village Tax rate: 2.56%
- The amenities include long list of exciting amenities such as tennis courts, a playground, a community pool, a splash pad and more. In addition, Katy Mills mall, hospitals, grocery stores, restaurants and LaCenterra are all close by. Living at Raintree Village will provide you with everything you’ve been searching for in your new home!
- Blog post about this Raintree Village Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Rolling Green Tax rate: 2.59%
- The amenities include a beautiful homes with mature trees, a community pool, tennis courts, and more. There are also many parks and golf courses in the area, meaning you never have to go too far to experience and enjoy the nature . Beyond the well-maintained homes and beautiful greenery view, residents can enjoy endless shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment.
- Blog post about this Rolling Green Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Westfield Tax rate: 2.39% – 2.82%
- The amenities include a future playground, splashpad, and baseball/soccer field in the neighborhood. Golf courses, big shopping complexes, prominent restaurants, and entertainment are all within walking distance. Bear Creek Pioneer Park, a 2300-acre multi-use leisure facility featuring a petting zoo, tennis courts, covered pavilions, and other amenities, is within walking distance.
- Blog post about this Westfield Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
Williamsburg Parish Tax rate: 2.61%
- The amenities include a pool, playgrounds, beautiful scenery, clubhouse and a park portal that ties into the Mason Creek Hike and Bike Trail. This neighborhood is a 5 minute drive to Katy Park, which features baseball and soccer fields, a lighted gazebo, 0.75 miles of paved jogging trails, picnic tables and barbecues. Plus, the Williamsburg Parish are surrounded by great shops, delicious restaurants, and acres of breathtaking parks.
- Blog post about this Williamsburg Parish Find homes for sale in this neighborhood.
All homes for sale in Katy ISD under 400,000.
I wanted to share this blog post with you that helps you compare Tomball, Katy, and Klein. And in November of last year I collected a list of neighborhoods with homes under 400,000 that you can find here.
I hope you have found this blog post super beneficial to your house hunting journey. I look forward to hearing from you soon. && For more blog posts of my favorite neighborhoods in Katy, Texas, click here, and if you are worried about sending your kids to the best schools, this blog series is my favorite for top rated schools in each city. Hugs.
With Love, Jo
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to yall reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Dont forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.