Hi there. Have you ever wondered if there's anywhere in Texas to go for apple picking? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there's actually a few apple orchards here and I wanted to share them with you!
Sonlight Apple Orchard
– This orchard is known for producing the sweetest apples in the country, with 14% more sugar in their apples. They've been open since 1984 and have Red, Golden, Fuji, Cameo, Gold Rush, and Pink Lady apples. They also have an adorable bed & breakfast on site called the Apple Cottage B&B which is just a minutes walk from the town square!
600 Austin Street, Mason TX 76856
Love Creek Orchards
– Founded by a couple in 1981, this apple orchard offers apple picking, as well as other seasonal fruits. They even have a store & café where you can purchase tons of homemade goods & choose from a menu full of delicious southern comfort foods. During the fall there's a pumpkin patch with farm animals, hay mazes, hayrides, fun games, and scare crow building!
14024 TX-16 N, Medina TX 78055
– There's a lovely bed & breakfast in the hill country called Cool Water Acres just 13 miles from the orchard. It's cabin style and on 54 acres of land, with a private 7 acre lake & waterfall.
Apple Valley Orchard
– This orchard on 32 acres has over 500 trees for apple picking, as well as berries, peaches, figs, and other seasonal fruits. They also have an on site store that sells homemade goods, local honey, ice cream, apple cider, pies, and much more. There's tons of different trees that bloom beautiful flowers that makes for amazing views!
12340 TX-16, Llano TX 78643
– If you're looking for a place to stay, there's the amazing Mustard Seed Bed & Breakfast on the Llano just minutes away. The cottages are stunning and have modern amenities while still being in the midst of nature, there's hot tubs, flat screen TVs, porch swings, and fire places.
– The Efurd family has been producing high quality fruits & vegetables since 1972. Their orchard offers apples, peaches, plums, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, blueberries, and strawberries. They have a store where you can get homemade ice cream, jams, and many other goods. There's a small pond on the land and vintage trucks!
4004 Highway 271 South, Pittsburg TX 75686
– There's some awesome vacation rentals on a wine vineyard just 2 miles down the road called Relax & Wine Down. The land is stunning and the bungalows have everything you need & more, they're pet friendly as well.
All of these orchards offer a great experience and a chance to appreciate the hard work & love that goes into growing fresh fruits & vegetables, as well as a wonderful way to spend time with your family!
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.