Hi friend! Have you, like many others, been keeping an eye of the mortgage interest rates? I know I sure have. It is probably one of the most popular questions in my industry. Well today I wanted to share another article the National Association of REALTORS® released..
Mortgage Rates Settle Near Historical Lows
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.33% this week, near its all-time low, Freddie Mac reports.
“Mortgage rates have stabilized over the last few weeks as the market searches for direction in the fog of economic data,” says Sam Khater, Freddie Mac’s chief economist. “While financial markets initially rallied on the news of Federal Reserve support and are improving due to the Senate’s passage of a new small business stimulus, we continue to see a deep economic contraction amidst uncertainty about the recovery formation.”
Freddie Mac reports the following national averages with mortgage rates for the week ending April 23:
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgages: averaged 3.33%, with an average 0.7 point, rising slightly from last week’s 3.31% average. Last year at this time, 30-year rates averaged 4.20%.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgages: averaged 2.86%, with an average 0.7 point, up from last week’s 2.80% average. A year ago, 15-year rates averaged 3.64%.
- 5-year hybrid adjustable-rate mortgages: averaged 3.28%, with an average 0.3 point, dropping from last week’s 3.34% average. A year ago, 5-year ARMs averaged 3.77%.
Freddie Mac reports average commitment rates along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront costs of obtaining the mortgage.
If you are in the market to buy or sell a home, please reach out to me.. And if you are looking for what to do next, check out these two links:
☎️ What next?! Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! https://calendly.com/joandco
? Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jordan Marie Schilleci, REALTOR®
Jo & Co. Realty Group
Check out our most popular blog posts:
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know :: http://byjoandco.com/fthb-blogpost
- The Seven People I Recommend to Every Client :: http://byjoandco.com/7people
- Most Popular New Construction in Conroe :: http://byjoandco.com/conroenew
- About Woodforest – My Most Asked for Community in 2020 :: http://byjoandco.com/aboutwoodforest
- The Most Desirable Neighborhoods to Live In in Spring and Klein ISD :: http://byjoandco.com/bestklein
- 15 Local Things to Do at Night with Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/atnight
- Where to Stay When House Hunting or Moving to The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/whereto
- The Best Neighborhoods to Live in to Let Kids Be Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/kidsbekids
- Download our e-book, Moving to The Woodlands, http://byjoandco.com/downloadthewoodlandsebook
Jo & Co. Ebooks Available for Download:
- This ebook is for first time home buyers. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook1
- This ebook is for anyone moving to The Woodlands. It is updated for 2020 and shares everything you need to know. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook2
- This ebook is “The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids”, which is essentially a list of the most popular and favorite neighborhoods. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook3
- This ebook geographically compares Spring vs. The Woodlands. The video on this one is more informative. I really recommend watching the video. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook4
- This ebook is a silly one that is more self promotion. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook5
- This ebook is “Moving to The Woodlands”, my original ebook. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook6
- This ebook is “Texas Heroes Program Ebook”, my ebook to community hereos. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook7
- All ebooks have corresponding videos that elaborate on the topic, and you can find those here on the YouTube channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Favorite YouTube Videos:
- Moving to The Woodlands – Everything You Need to Know. | YouTube Link
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know | YouTube Link
- The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids | YouTube Link
- Buying in Texas? Calculate Your Monthly Mortgage | YouTube Link
- The Difference Between Spring, TX and The Woodlands | YouTube Link
- Most Desirable Neighborhoods To Live In, In Klein ISD | YouTube Link
- What to Know When Moving From California to Texas | YouTube Link