Moving from California to Texas | What You Should Know – Basic Overview | Houston, The Woodlands, Conroe, Katy, Spring, and Cypress – Relocation
Are you thinking about relocating to Texas? Then this video and post is for you! Today I will be covering what I think you should know when considering a move from California to Texas. This is a very brief overview, so I encourage you to use the other videos on this channel, as well as the ebooks, and blog posts on my website, to assist you in your research.
What You Should Know When Considering the Move from California to Texas
Points I forgot to address.. Texas does not have state income tax. Property taxes are more expensive, but you can get more for your money. You can deduct up to $10,000 of property tax when you file your federal taxes. Gas is a lot less expensive in comparison to California. Groceries and goods are also less expensive
If you are needing more details on home ownership that leads to answering “How do I buy a home?”, then check out our first time home buyer series: http://byjoandco.com/fthb-blogpost and check out our ebook here: http://byjoandco.com/ebook1.
If you would like assistance finding your dream home in the Houston suburbs, please reach out! I love nothing more than providing education and answering questions, so if you are looking for a local realtor to help you find your dream home, please don’t be shy; no matter where you are in the home buying process, I look forward to hearing from you.
Jordan Marie Schilleci, REALTOR®, Jo & Co. Realty Group
Check out our most popular blog posts:
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know :: http://byjoandco.com/fthb-blogpost
- The Seven People I Recommend to Every Client :: http://byjoandco.com/7people
- Most Popular New Construction in Conroe :: http://byjoandco.com/conroenew
- The Most Desirable Neighborhoods to Live In in Spring and Klein ISD :: http://byjoandco.com/bestklein
- 15 Local Things to Do at Night with Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/atnight
- Where to Stay When House Hunting or Moving to The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/whereto
- The Best Neighborhoods to Live in to Let Kids Be Kids :: http://byjoandco.com/kidsbekids
- Download our e-book, Moving to The Woodlands, http://byjoandco.com/downloadthewoodlandsebook
Jo & Co. Ebooks Available for Download:
- This ebook is for first time home buyers. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook1
- This ebook is for anyone moving to The Woodlands. It is updated for 2020 and shares everything you need to know. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook2
- This ebook is “The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids”, which is essentially a list of the most popular and favorite neighborhoods. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook3
- This ebook geographically compares Spring vs. The Woodlands. The video on this one is more informative. I really recommend watching the video. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook4
- This ebook is a silly one that is more self promotion. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook5
- This ebook is “Moving to The Woodlands”, my original ebook. | http://byjoandco.com/ebook6
- All ebooks have corresponding videos that elaborate on the topic, and you can find those here on the YouTube channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Favorite YouTube Videos:
- Moving to The Woodlands – Everything You Need to Know. | YouTube Link
- First Time Home Buyer – What You Need to Know | YouTube Link
- The Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids Be Kids | YouTube Link
- Buying in Texas? Calculate Your Monthly Mortgage | YouTube Link
- The Difference Between Spring, TX and The Woodlands | YouTube Link
- Most Desirable Neighborhoods To Live In, In Klein ISD | YouTube Link
- Playlist of “Ninety Second Real Estate Q&A” | YouTube Link