Hello friend. Today, I wanted to share with you the most popular and best master-planned communities of Conroe, Texas. To be considered for this list, you need to be master-planned and be highly desirable for one reason or another. Most of these neighborhoods and communities have the best amenities around, and each one is loved for different reasons. Location with proximity to The Woodlands or major highways, which schools one zones to, and the tax rate, are the top three reasons why someone considers one neighborhood over the other. If you need help navigating neighborhoods in the Houston Suburbs or Conroe, please reach out to me. Hugs, Jo. | Schedule a call with Jordan.
- Woodforest – The community of Woodforest sits at the top of our list due to its close proximity to The Woodlands, the fact that it has thousands of acres to explore, its beautiful amenities + golf course, and its small-town feel. The 2023 tax rate for Woodforest is 2.51% for MUD 113 or 2.69% for MUD 121, and the yearly HOA fee is $1,392.
- The Woodlands Hills – Just a stone's throw from Conroe, but technically located in Willis, The Woodlands Hills is a master-planned community nestled between Lake Conroe and Sam Houston National Forest. This community is an area favorite for many reasons. Families love that both the elementary school and middle school are within walking distance thanks to a connecting pathway. Amenities in the community include extensive forested trails with dedicated bike lanes, a dog park, tennis courts, an innovative playground, a fitness center, an events lawn, and leisure and fitness pools + lazy river. Upon completion, the community will be home to 20 parks. The 2023 tax rate for this community is 3.22%, and the yearly HOA fee is $995. It is important to note that the developer of The Woodlands Hills is Howard Hughes, which is also the current developer of Bridgeland and The Woodlands.
- Grand Central Park – What I love most about Grand Central Park is its location. It is located right off I-45 between Conroe proper, and The Woodlands. It was beautifully planned and offers amazing amenities, including lakes, a dog park, a fitness center, playgrounds, walking trails, and more. The 2023 tax rate for Woodforest is 2.97%, and the yearly HOA fee is $1,180.
- Artavia – The amenities, and the fact that you are on the edge of the city, are what make this community. In Artavia, you will find a gorgeous clubhouse overlooking the lake, with a fitness center, meeting & gathering rooms, and outdoor areas with nice seating & open green spaces, Dabble Park with its children's playground, a large splash pad, and winding trails that weave through the park & along the boardwalk of the 5-acre lake. Artavia also has its own paddle boats that the residents can take out on the lake. The estimated tax rate for Artavia is 3.18%.
- Harper's Preserve – This community also boasts one of the best locations, just off I-45, and a short drive to the hospitals of Conroe and The Woodlands. The neighborhood plan includes entry gates and a gatehouse, private streets, a scenic lake, and a bountiful amenity package for families to enjoy. Amenities are developed as the community matures as part of a flexible master plan. The community includes three villages: West Village which is complete, East Village which is nearing completion and South Village which is now open. At completion, the community will be home to 2,114 families. The 2023 tax rate for this community is 2.87% for MUD 95 or 2.40% for MUD 15, and the yearly HOA fee is $2,288.
- Meadows at Imperial Oaks – The Meadows at Imperial Oaks is a master-planned community nestled north of Houston in Spring, Texas on 400 acres and will house approximately 1,300 homes when completed. The Meadows at Imperial Oaks' community recreation center overlooks a 17-acre lake with a fishing dock and offers residents a pool, a toddler pool with spray features, a picnic pavilion, a playground, and a clubhouse. The estimated tax rate for Meadows at Imperial Oaks is 3.31%.
Homes for sale in master-planned communities in Conroe, Texas
Homes for sale in Woodforest – Link
Homes for sale in The Woodlands Hills – Link
Homes for sale in Grand Central Park – Link
Homes for sale in Meadows at Imperial Oaks – Link
Homes for sale in Artavia – Link
Homes for sale in Harper's Preserve – Link
Finding the best neighborhood or master-planned community for you!
Keep in mind each suburb, city, and neighborhood has so much to offer. I know that there are so many to choose from in the Houston area, and I know there is one that perfectly fits your needs. If you need help navigating, don't forget to reach out to me (scheduling a call or email is best).
Two other amazing resources are this blog and our YouTube Channel. The easiest way to navigate the blog is by using the search bar near the top right, or by using the categories. This page nicely organizes the most popular categories. Our goal at Jo & Co. isn't to just be your REALTOR®, but your resource.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed about where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by clicking this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious about what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.