- $1 – $99,999: decreased 36.0 percent
- $100,000 – $149,999: decreased 40.6 percent
- $150,000 – $249,999: decreased 34.4 percent
- $250,000 – $499,999: increased 36.1 percent
- $500,000 – $999,999: increased 47.1 percent
- $1M and above: increased 52.2 percent
For HAR’s Monthly Activity Snapshot (MAS) of the January 2022 trends, please click HERE to access a downloadable PDF file.
- Single-family home sales staged a strong open to the new year with January volume up 7.1 percent year-over-year;
- Days on Market (DOM) for single-family homes dropped from 48 to 39;
- Total property sales rose 9.3 percent with 8,134 units sold;
- Total dollar volume increased 28.1 percent to $2.9 billion;
- The single-family average price rose 16.2 percent to $377,738, the highest ever for a January;
- The single-family median price increased 17.9 percent to $310,000 – also a January record;
- Single-family home months of inventory registered a 1.4-months supply, down from 1.7 months year-over-year and below the national inventory of 1.8 months;
- Townhome/condominium sales rose 24.7 percent with the average price up 14.7 percent to $241,605 and the median price up 18.3 percent to $207,700;
- Single-family home rentals rose 7.8 percent with the average rent up 9.7 percent to $2,070;
- Townhome/condominium leases increased 2.6 percent with the average rent up 11.9 percent to $1,801.
So what do we foreshadow happening in the real estate market in the next 5 years? We can anticipate rent prices rising 300%, and we can anticipate sales prices rising 15-20% (sometimes more) each year over year. What does this mean for you? Try your hardest to own not rent. Buy your 5-10 year home, and not your 2-4 year home. New construction will continue to grow in popularity. Inventory will continue to stay at a record low for the unforeseeable future. What do you anticipate happening in 2022? Hugs, Jo.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/.
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook: http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us: http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected]
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire: http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.