Hi there. Today I wanted to talk about The Woodlands Express Park & Ride. More specifically, the new route it'll be offering starting in January to the Energy Corridor, which is near the Katy area. It's a long commute that can put a lot of miles on your car after a while, but this new bus route can help eliminate this problem!
The Woodlands Express provides a comfortable, convenient & economical way to commute. Destinations currently include the Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, & the Central Business District of Houston. Recently The Woodlands Township Board of Directors has decided to launch its new program in January that will take riders from The Woodlands to stops along the Energy Corridor. They also approved 3 agreements to accept the grant funding, enter into a partnership with the Energy Corridor District, and for First Class Transportation to begin the routes.
The grant accepted through the Houston-Galveston Area Council is known as a “CMAQ” grant, which refers to congestion-mitigation & air quality reduction. This grant will fund 80% of the costs of the new route for the first 3 years, and The Woodlands Township will fund the other 20%. The buses will leave the Sawdust Road Park & Ride station, making 6 stops between Texas 6 & the Kirkwood exit on Interstate 10, taking at least an hour one-way. The cost for a round-trip daily ticket is $13.
Many different companies & firms have recently relocated from the downtown center of Houston to new offices & locations in the Energy Corridor area. So there were lots of employees that had previously taken The Woodlands Express to work that now didn't have that option available. After a survey was circulated at the companies, it was discovered that more than 350 workers in the township would use a bus service to the six stops in the Energy Corridor if one were offered.
Safe to say this new route is very much needed & highly anticipated for many residents of The Woodlands who have to make that long commute.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.