Hi there. When it comes to having kids & raising a family, you definitely want to live in an area that’s conducive to your values & lifestyle. In my opinion The Woodlands is such a great place to be if you have children, but it’s all about what you personally want & need out of an area. So let’s discuss what that means.
I think a parents mental health, stress level, and overall happiness is the number one contribution to a child’s happiness.
So you have to answer some questions to see if the woodlands is the answer.
- Q: What is the maximum amount of commute I would be happy with?
- Q: What do I want my life to look like when I am not working?
- Q: Do I want to be able to walk to the gym, my kids to school, to the grocery store, etc.
- Q: How much money do I need to make to afford the house we need?
- Q: To live in the woodlands do I have to make any sacrifices.
- Q: Can you afford The Woodlands?
If these answers are yes here’s some things to keep in mind:
- The Woodlands is a very affluent area.
- Do you like to spend time outside?
- Do you want walkability?
Things that make The Woodlands so great for kids & general family life:
- There’s endless amounts of parks & nature reserves filled with miles of trails, lakes, sports fields, community pools/splash parks/aquatic centers, and playgrounds.
- Frequent festivals & events are held all over the area so there’s always something to do.
- The Woodlands has Market Street, Hughes Landing, & Waterway Square which are super fun outdoor hubs for premiere shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences, as well as great views of The Woodlands Waterway.
- The neighborhoods are safe and are served by amazing schools with mostly A ratings.
Don’t forget to check out our ebook: Best Neighborhoods to Let Kids be Kids. | Ebook link.
I hope this guide has helped in some way, I’ve also linked a recent YouTube video below discussing this topic!
Welcome to the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
Thank you for letting us share this video with you. In this video we talk about The Woodlands in relation to is it really the best place for kids. Keep in mind, each neighborhood has so much to offer. There are many cities, suburbs, and neighborhoods in the Houston area, and I know there is one that perfectly fits your needs. If you are still hunting, don’t forget to check out our YouTube channel, and when you are ready for us, we will be here for you. Jo.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y’all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Hugs, Jo.
Thoughtfully written for you by Jordan and the Jo & Co. Team.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
Links to check out..
➟ Our YouTube Channel :: http://byjoandco.com/youtube
➟ How do property taxes work in Texas? :: http://byjoandco.com/propertytaxesintexas
➟ Things to do in The Woodlands :: http://byjoandco.com/inthewoodlands
➟ Safest Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/safesthouston
➟ Best Neighborhoods in Houston :: http://byjoandco.com/bestneighborhoods
➟ Houston Texas Where to Live :: http://byjoandco.com/houstontexaswheretolive
➟ First Time Texas Home Buyer :: http://byjoandco.com/firsttimetexasbuyer
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.
Visit the Jo & Co. YouTube Channel
At Jo & Co. we know that most people struggle with the home buying or selling experience. We are a brokerage, real people, that do more for you, by being with you every step of the way, so that you plant your roots in the right soil. One way that we go above and beyond is with the content we share on YouTube. Click the photo below to explore our channel.