Hi friends. While doing some research recently, I came across a some really cool facts about The Woodlands, and today I want to feature 13 of those facts.
The Woodlands is home to..
- 220 miles of hike and bike paths for non-motorized use.
- 4,445 acres of open space, equating to 38.3 acres of open space per 1,000 residents, which is 74% above that national average.
- 140 community parks, equating to one park per 828 residents, 155% above that national average. | Link to the neighborhood parks.
- 89 playground.
- 76 tennis courts.
- 63 lakes and ponds.
- 68 pavilions.
- 43 sports fields.
- 35 basketball and volleyball courts.
- 14 community swimming pools. | Link to the neighborhood pools.
- 5 splash pads.
- 2 recreational centers. | Link to the recreational programs. Bear Branch & Rob Fleming.
- 60+ annual special events. | Link to the special events and festivals.
So if you are so lucky to call The Woodlands home, oh how lucky you are.