Hi friend! Today I am going to share with you the Best Neighborhoods in Houston TX. These are the suburbs and communities just on the edge of Houston TX that really cater to the 2021 family and the 2021 individual that knows what they want:
• exclusive amenities
• proximity to shopping and restaurants
• acceptable commute times
• award-winning public schools
• entertainment and events
Best Neighborhoods in Houston TX
1. The Woodlands – The Woodlands is an award winning master planned community north of Houston that many think is a city, when actually it is a newly established township. What makes The Woodlands amazing, is the level of dedication and attention that was put into its concept and execution. It truly is a bubble surrounded by the most beautiful trees and water features. The Woodlands was developed in villages, and truly has something for everyone. Homes start in the $250s, but starting in the $400s is where you really find the “good stuff”. What makes The Woodlands most loved is the walkability, community wide amenities, and easy access to the best shopping and restaurants! You can learn more about The Woodlands by visiting our YouTube Channel, by emailing us, or even by scheduling a 1-on-1 call with Jordan!
➟ The Woodlands Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/thewoodlandsplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in Conroe ISD: https://byjoandco.com/conroe-isd-spring-tx
2. Katy TX – Katy is the second most popular suburb in the Houston area. It is located west of downtown Houston off of I-10. What has really fueled the growth in Katy is its easy access to the Energy Corridor, and the abundance of land availability. There is/was so much farm and pasture land. I believe the true heart of Katy is the new section of Cinco Ranch (2003-2020) and the La Centerra shopping center, which opened in 2007. Cinco Ranch (8100 acres, 14,000 homes) was the first master planned community to hit Katy to really plant their stake. What makes Katy attract families and individuals is its walkable, its intuitively placed park system, and proximity to the city. You can learn more about Katy by visiting our YouTube Channel.
➟ The Katy Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/katyplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in Cinco Ranch: https://byjoandco.com/cinco-ranch-homes-for-sale
3. Cypress TX – Cypress has seen some astronomical growth of the last 5-10 years. And with the introduction and growth of the retail centers, it is really turning into the suburb we always wanted it to become. Fairfield and the general area around Fairfield was the original heart of Cypress, but the attention is more in the Bridgeland and Towne Lake are of Cypress now. In Cypress you can find the infamous 290 Cypress Outlets aka, one of my favorite places to shop (Hello Nike, Burberry, Saks off 5th, and so much more. Lol.). If you have never heard of Bridgeland of Towne Lake, you are really missing out. Bridgeland is the fastest growing master planned community in all of Houston. You can find a Cypress playlist on my YouTube Channel!
➟ The Cypress Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/cypressplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in my favorite master-planned communities in Cypress: https://byjoandco.com/master-planned-cypress-texas
4. Sugar Land TX – Sugar Land is the next recommended suburb on the list. What makes this a top pick for buyers is its proximity to downtown Houston and the Medical Center! It truly is the best neighborhood if you want the suburbs, award winning schools, and a 20-25 minute commute that won't make you want to pull your hair out. There are SO many amazing neighborhoods in Sugar Land, and you can find them all on that link below!
➟ Homes for Sale in my favorite master-planned communities in Sugar Land: https://byjoandco.com/best-sugar-land-neighborhoods
5. Spring TX – Next on the list is Spring! This is probably one of the most established areas on the list and rather large in size. It houses a good section of The Woodlands, all of Klein, and lots of new construction off Rayford along the Grand Paryway 99. I talk a lot about Spring on the YouTube channel. It has so much to offer, and the greatest appeal is the value in the 77379 area. The taxes are super low, and there are some award winning schools that I cannot say enough about! Can you tell I live here (in the Klein area)? I love my proximity to the rest of Houston and The Woodlands. Right in the middle of EVERYTHING.
➟ The Spring/Klein Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/kleinspringplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in Klein ISD: https://byjoandco.com/favoriteklein
6. Tomball TX – Tomball is an amazing community and city that some forget about. I am loving the newer neighborhoods in Tomball, and the school district as a whole. If I were to move anytime soon, I would either move to Montgomery County or seek out Tomball ISD in the rural areas. We are desperately wanting land, but not sure it is the right move right now.
➟ The Tomball Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/tomballplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in Tomball: https://byjoandco.com/newtomball
7. Fulshear TX – Oh my gosh, I just love Fulshear. I have recently refallen in love with this area. I use to live in Cinco Ranch, and Cross Creek Ranch (my favorite neighborhood in Fulshear) now bumps up to Cinco Ranch, which is in Katy. So you can live in Cross Creek Ranch, with all of its master planned amazingness, and still have all the amenities of Cinco Ranch, while being on the edge of new. I haven't done much on the channel about Fulshear, but if you dig, you will find a vlog. Lol.
➟ Homes for Sale in Cross Creek Ranch: https://byjoandco.com/cross-creek-ranch-homes-for-sale
8. Humble TX – So there is something super important to know about Humble: there is the new part and the old part of Humble.. I love the new part. My favorite neighborhoods are: Balmoral, Fall Creek, and The Groves. I also love the commute from this neighborhood to downtown Houston!
➟ Homes for Sale in Humble: https://byjoandco.com/new-humble
9. Friendswood TX– Friendswood is one of my favorite communities if you are looking to live south of the city. It was founded over 125 years ago as a Quaker community with its roots deep in religion and education. In the 1950s it was viewed as a solid Houston Suburb. 75% off the city is made up of families. Proximity to Nasa, downtown Houston and Galveston, coupled with its award-winning school districts, are just a couple reasons many call it home! Although the city itself is well established (older), there are still some new developments. I love Friendswood Trails, West Ranch, and Autumn Lakes.
➟ Homes for Sale in Friendswood: https://byjoandco.com/friendswoodhomes
10. Conroe TX – Conroe has been named the fastest growing city in the United States. And it certainly warrants that title because of all the land opportunities. Conroe, just north of the prestigious neighborhood of The Woodlands, houses the county seat and school district for The Woodlands. This area is popular for larger lot sizes and abundance of different neighborhoods in all price points. Also you cannot forget Conroe houses Lake Conroe: a 21,000-acre recreational lake!
➟ The Conroe Playlist: https://byjoandco.com/conroeplaylist
➟ Homes for Sale in Conroe: https://byjoandco.com/homesinconroe
➟ New Homes for Sale in Conroe: https://byjoandco.com/newconroehomes
Are you looking for your piece of the city life? In this list below are the most established areas inside of Houston. They have something to offer for everyone, and are worth the look if you don't mind paying for “location”.
11. A Historical District in Houston:
• The Heights – This neighborhood is known for its walkability and four distinct styles of homes: the craftsman, Folk National, Folk Victorian, and Queen Anne. What most love about this area is its walkability, cute shops, unique restaurants, and picturesque streets. The average home value in the area is $850,000.
➟ Homes Built before 2000 for Sale in The Heights: https://byjoandco.com/before2000heights
➟ Homes Built after 2000 for Sale in The Heights: https://byjoandco.com/after2000heights
• River Oaks – This neighborhood is known as “the most expensive neighborhood in the U.S.” River Oaks is everything you think it should be: the cities hottest restaurants, historical mansion, new money and old, premier shopping and entertainment, and more. The average home value in the area is $2.2 million.
➟ Homes for Sale in River Oaks: https://byjoandco.com/riveroakshomes
• Tanglewood – This neighborhood is known for as having one of the highest land value appreciation rates in Houston. Tanglewood sits just outside of the 610 Loop, being convenience to anyone commuting to Houston. Tanglewood is not only loved for its location, but for its woodsy feel. The average home value in the area is $1.6 million.
➟ Homes for Sale in Tanglewood: https://byjoandco.com/tanglewoodhomes
• West University / West U – This neighborhood is known for its low crime rate and top-rated Houston schools, making it a prime location for anyone looking to be in the city while raising a family. You are just minutes away from Hermann Park, The Houston Zoo, The Museum District, and The Medical Center. And it can't go without mentioning that 24/7 Wall St. named it as a best city to live in American for 2018 and 2019. The average home value in the area is $2.2 million.
➟ Homes for Sale in West U: https://byjoandco.com/westuhomes
• Memorial – This neighborhood is nestled between The Energy Corridor and Downtown Houston. It is known for its more private quiet lifestyle, while still being within arm's reach of the city with great shipping, quality schools, and noteworthy restaurants. The average home value in the area is $500,000.
➟ Homes for Sale in Memorial: https://byjoandco.com/memorialhomes
• Memorial West: https://byjoandco.com/memorialwesthomes
• Memorial Park: https://byjoandco.com/memorialparkhomes
• Memorial Close In: https://byjoandco.com/memorialcloseinhomes
• Museum District – If you are looking to live in the heart of Downtown Houston, that is exactly what this neighborhood offers! The city's cultural and artistic epicenter can be found in the Museum District. The prime reasons why one chooses this area is for its walkability and accessibility. The average home value in the area is $1.2 million.
➟ Homes for Sale in the Museum District: https://byjoandco.com/museumdistricthomes
• Spring Branch – This neighborhood is right above Memorial and has deep history that brings you back to the 1800s. Originally it was a German community, but it has grown to become one of the most diverse areas in all of Houston. What this area is also known for is its larger lot sizes. The average home value in the area is $475,000.
➟ Homes Built before 2000 for Sale in Spring Branch: https://byjoandco.com/before2000springbranch
➟ Homes Built after 2000 for Sale in Spring Branch: https://byjoandco.com/after2000springbranch
• Bellaire – This neighborhood is known for convenience. It is close to Downtown Houston, West U, Greenway Plaza, The Galleria, Meyerland Plaza, and Rice Village. In Bellaire you will find a larger lot is comparing it to West U, which it is a few minutes west of. The average home value in the area is $975,000.
➟ Homes for Sale in Bellaire: https://byjoandco.com/bellairehomes
I hope you found this blog post helpful. If you are thinking about relocating to Houston or the Houston suburbs, I hope you reach out to me. I would love to be your REALTOR® and your resource.
We are so happy you found our little corner of the interwebs. We look forward to y'all reaching out to us. We love to answer questions and welcome them. Recently we created some local maps, and you can download those by clicking the image/link above. Below, you will find an index of some very helpful information to assist you in learning more about the Houston suburbs. If you are relocating to our neck of the woods, we hope you reach out to us, because we would love to help you by being your local realtor and friend. Thoughtfully written for you. Hugs, Jo.
We are Waiting for You
If you are looking to relocate to the Houston Area, we would love to meet you, and hear your story. Below you will find all of my contact information, as well as some homes for sale in the area. We truly look forward to hearing from you! P.S. Don't forget to check out our YouTube Channel!
If you are overwhelmed..
Now if you are feeling overwhelmed on where you should plant your roots, I would love to talk to you. You can schedule a call with me by click this link: http://byjoandco.com/call or just send us an email: [email protected]. There are some amazing communities all over the Houston suburbs. In this post, https://search.byjoandco.com/blog/best-neighborhoods-in-houston/, I deep dive into all the different suburbs/neighborhoods that you might want to consider, and why. There are many resources here, so please reach out if you are curious what to look at next! Thank you for trusting us.
• Navigate our Blog: https://byjoandco.com/categories-to-help-you-navigate-the-blog/
• Download our Moving to Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/movingtotexasebook.
• Download our Where to Live in Houston Texas ebook! http://byjoandco.com/wheretoliveebook.
• Browse our Ebooks and Relocation Guides: http://byjoandco.com/ebooks
• Schedule a phone call or appointment with us! http://byjoandco.com/appointment.
• Email us! [email protected].
• Looking for a buyer’s agent? Fill out our buyer questionnaire! http://byjoandco.com/q.
• Ready to find your dream home? Search, http://search.byjoandco.com.
• Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://byjoandco.com/youtube.